Food Lovers out there, I have good news for you. Zomato Gold has just got cheaper! Zomato has introduced a #SupportYourServer Campaign, where they are offering an incredible 65% off on Zomato Gold. You can get 2 Year Gold for just Rs1200. Don’t miss this deal!
The coronavirus pandemic has already affected more than 4000 in India. At the time of writing this post (6th April 2020), it was 4.2k. India is going through a lockdown to reduce the no of new positive cases potentially.
Under these circumstances, we have seen a lot of companies come up with deep discounts and freebies.
- Affinity is offering 90 days Extended Free Trial and Flat 50% Off on their Photo Editor, Publisher, and Designer.
- Shopify is offering 90 days Extended Free Trial.
- Online Learning Apps like Byjus, Guvi, Vedantu, Testbook.com, Meritnation is providing 100% Free Courses.
Everyone is trying to help out in this crisis, and the Online Restaurant Mapping and Food Ordering Giant Zomato is not an exception. They have come up with a #SupportYourServer campaign, offering a deep discount on their Zomato Gold subscription. You can avail Zomato Gold paying just around 35% of the actual rate, and enjoy 1+1 on food, 2+2 on drinks, up to 40% flat off on the total bill, and 1+1 on food deliveries.
But, there’s more to this story.
Zomato is also trying to help out their restaurant and delivery partners through this campaign. Let’s learn about the inside story first.
COVID crisis & Zomato #SupportYourServer Campaign:
Well, due to the ongoing pandemic, India has enforced a nationwide lockdown on everything. Schools, colleges, offices, shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants, public transportation systems, and all other non-essential kinds of stuff are off! Only essential services are running. This includes perishable food items, groceries, IT companies, banks, and some other official services.
Under these circumstances, the restaurant workers, as well as the Zomato fleet, are under a massive income crisis. The cooks, hotel boys, restaurant workers, and the Zomato delivery boys, and their families who are directly dependent on them, all have lost their income slowly. They are now financially dependent on their savings.
Zomato is trying to help out these people and their families, by raising this #SupportYourServer campaign.
What is Zomato Support Your Server Campaign?
Well, Zomato has signed a deal between its restaurant partners to raise money for the campaign.
- Under this campaign, you pay Rs1200 for purchasing a 1 Year Zomato Gold Membership.
- Zomato will NOT charge you for the Zomato Gold. It will contribute 100% of the money generated through this, towards its restaurant partners, to fund the restaurant workers.
- Additionally, as a token of gratitude, Zomato is offering an additional extra 1 Year Zomato Gold subscription to you.
- This offer will be active for all Zomato Gold purchases in April 2020.
- This makes it a win-win scenario for both you and Zomato: You get 2 Year Zomato Gold for Rs1200, and that money goes towards supporting the restaurant workers and their families.
Fine Print: What’s the catch?
Well, so you are wondering why is Zomato being so generous and offering such massive discounts? Also, you might be concerned about your contribution, whether they are going into the right hands. So, what’s the catch?
Nothing. There’s no catch here.
Let me explain.
See this from Zomato’s perspective:
Zomato usually charges Rs1800-Rs2400 for a one-year Zomato Gold subscription. But to date, we have never paid the full price towards buying Gold. Zomato has brought 25-50% off deals every now or then.
Most Zomato Gold plans till now was Rs900-Rs1200 for a year, after applying the Zomato Gold Promocodes and discounts.
Zomato is just extending that Gold for you, Free of cost, for two years, and contributing the money you paid for it, towards supporting the restaurant partners.
If you remember, when Uber Eats stopped its services in India, Zomato acquired Uber Eats and offered three months Zomato Gold to all for Free.
But even after offering you a free gold subscription, Zomato will be at a profit. Because you will be redeeming the offers at the restaurant partners and order deliveries. Eventually, in 2 years, Zomato will surely benefit from this.
How to get Zomato Gold at 65% Off deal?
Here are the simple steps to avail the offer.
- Visit Zomato Online or Download the Zomato app: Google Play | App Store. I will recommend the App for a smoother experience.
- Signup for a Zomato Account or log in to your Existing Account.
- Inside App, check for the Zomato Gold Tab on the Bottom. On the Website, visit the Zomato Gold page.
- You will notice the banner to subscribe to Zomato Gold by paying Rs1200.
- Click on ‘Contribute Now’ and proceed to payment.
- That’s all. You will get 24 months of Zomato Gold Membership.
- If you have an existing Zomato Gold subscription, 24 months will be added to that subscription.
So, what can you do with the Zomato Gold Subscription?
Zomato Gold Privileges & Benefits:
Here are the Zomato Gold Privileges that you will get after subscribing.
Zomato Gold is an exclusive membership plan from Zomato that offers some deep discounts on your food habits. You can get 1+1 on good food, 2+2 on Drinks, 1+1 on Food Deliveries, and flat dining discounts with no cap on the total bill.
- 1+1 on Food: As the name suggests, this is similar to Buy 1 Get 1 Free. With Zomato Gold partner restaurants, you will get one dish complimentary with another. But well, you won’t get this offer on combo meals. And also, the value of the complimentary lunch will be less than or equal to the value of the highest-priced plate in your order. If you bring a friend along, you can share the food.
- 2+2 on Drinks: This is ice on the cake, where you will get two drinks complimentary with two other drinks orders at the zomato partner restaurants. Like the food deal, you can share it with your friends too.
- Flat Discounts on Bill Payments: This is my personal favorite. This enables you to get a flat discount on the total bill, no maximum cap, on the Zomato partner restaurants. The discount percentage varies between restaurants, and it will be mentioned. You can get up to 40% off on the Total Bil. There are no restrictions on the number of guests on the table.
- 1+1 on Food Deliveries: I like this one too. If you order from Zomato frequently, you can get one dish complimentary with another. But well, you need a minimum order value of Rs300 to avail of the benefits. But you can add both the meals to make it Rs300, and get a 50% off on that.
- Zomato Originals: Yes, you heard that right. Zomato Gold subscribers will get access to exclusive Zomato original cookery shows too. You can learn from top chefs around India.
So these are all the benefits you are in for 24 months!
Q: Is the Zomato Gold Membership Valid across India?
Ans: Yes, it is valid all over India.
Q: I have an existing Zomato Gold Membership. Can I grab this offer?
Ans: Yes, you can. Your existing Zomato Gold Membership will be extended by 24 months.
Q: Can I get tax benefits or exemptions from this campaign?
Ans: Unfortunately, No. Because this is not a direct donation, you are doing. You are getting a Zomato Gold Membership for your contribution. So, you cannot get tax benefits or exemptions.
Q: What is the refund policy?
Ans: There is no refund policy. Once you pay, the funds are contributed to the restaurant partners. So, a refund is not possible afterward.
For other Terms and Conditions, click here.
So, that’s all about the Zomato Gold 65% off deal. I urge you to grab this deal if you are a foodie and want to support the restaurant workers. You will get a long term benefit from the Zomato Gold subscription that accompanies it.
One more thing, this #SupportYourServer campaign is valid till the end of April 2020 only. So, make sure you grab this before that time so that the restaurant workers get benefitted from it.
If you have any other queries, let me know in the comments section below. I will be happy to help. Also, do share this post with your friends. Use the social share buttons below.
I will be back soon with another exciting update. Till then, stay safe, and stay tuned!