Are you dependent on Amazon India for your shopping essentials, groceries, and other rations? Then you should definitely get yourself the Amazon Pay ICICI Lifetime Free Credit Card, an entry-level rewards credit card from ICICI Bank, in partnership with Amazon India. The payment merchant is VISA, and the variant is just the VISA Basic.
The Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is catered towards regular Amazon shoppers (and only Amazon Shoppers, by the way). I am using this card since January 2019, and in today’s post, I will be sharing all the details about this credit card, including the features, eligibility criteria, charges, and how you can apply for this credit card.
Before we begin, let me invite you to our Finance Discussion Community on Facebook: FinTalks. Here we share our experiences and discuss queries related to banking, debit cards, and credit cards, mutual funds, stock markets, and more. We started in September 2020, and at the time of updating this post in April 2021, we have over 6.5k members. A lot of offers and discounts related to credit cards are also discussed here. Click Here to Join FinTalks.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card: Features & Rewards Explained:
- You will earn 5% unlimited cashback on shopping on Amazon India if you are an Amazon Prime member.
- You will earn 3% unlimited cashback on shopping on Amazon India if you are not an Amazon Prime member.
- You will earn 2% unlimited cashback on bill payments on Amazon India.
- You will earn 2% unlimited cashback on using Amazon Pay payment method on 3rd party merchants.
- You will earn 1% unlimited cashback on all other online and offline transactions, as well as wallet reloads.
- There is no minimum purchase necessary for earning cashback, and there is no monthly capping on how much you can earn.
- You will get up to 15% off at selected restaurants across India, as a part of the ICICI bank culinary treats program.
- You will get 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- You can avail up to 24 months of no-cost EMI on your card from Amazon India.
Method of Rewards:
- Cashback will be credited to your Amazon Pay Wallet. Your Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card will be linked to that specific amazon account only.
- The reward points will be automatically credited to your Amazon Pay Wallet in the next billing cycle.
- You need to keep Amazon Prime enabled on your account to get 5% cashback, else you will get 3%.
- You can use your Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card on other Amazon Accounts too, but the cashback will be credited to the main account only.
Charges & Terms:
- Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is a Lifetime Free Credit Card. There are no joining fees or annual fees associated with this card.
- Other Terms and Conditions can be accessed here.
- This card is an entry-level card and is given out as a preapproved credit card to regular Amazon India shoppers who have an ICICI Savings Account and/or an ICICI Credit Card.
- Those not having an ICICI relationship can also apply for this card with Salary Slip or the latest ITR.
- You should be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- The minimum income required is 30k per annum.
- Update: The eligibility criteria vary from user to user. I have seen instances where users were able to get the card without meeting the eligibility criteria. So, I would suggest you go ahead and apply, in case you want this credit card.
The Downsides of Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card:
UPDATE: Since September 2020, it seems the value of the Amazon Pay ICICI Card is degrading day by day. Don’t get me wrong, the above-mentioned features and benefits remain the same. But the card is cut off from ICICI Bank-specific offers. Some examples are given below:
- On Flipkart Sales with ICICI Credit Card instant discount offers, Amazon Pay ICICI Card is excluded.
- On Amazon Mobile Sales with ICICI Credit Card instant discount offers, Amazon Pay ICICI Card is excluded.
- On Amazon’s other sales with ICICI Credit Card instant discount offers, Amazon Pay ICICI Card discount percentage is reduced.
- On ICICI Credit Card instant discount offers at Grofers, Bigbasket, Mi India, and several other websites, Amazon Pay ICICI Card is excluded.
- It seems this card got blacklisted from all major ICICI Card-specific deals due to some reason.
- You will still get 5% cashback from Amazon India, and 1% cashback from other places, but will completely miss out on bank-specific offers.
So, it is up to you whether you want to continue with Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card or go with any other ICICI Credit Card so that you can get the bank-specific offers.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Alternatives:
Alternative 1: ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card OR ICICI Coral Credit Card:
I am suggesting these two cards only because of the fact that these cards let you utilize the ICICI Bank-specific offers that Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card misses out on. These are entry-level cards and the ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card is also Lifetime Free. Click on the below links to check out the details.
Alternative 2: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card:
Alternative 3: HDFC Millennia Credit Card:
Alternative 4: Axis Ace Credit Card:
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card FAQ:
Q: When will my reward points get added?
Ans: Your reward points will be added as Amazon Pay Balance automatically at the end of the current billing cycle. You will get an email and SMS of the same.
Q: Does my reward points expire?
Ans: As I stated earlier, Reward Points get credited as Amazon Pay Balance. And your Amazon Pay Wallet is KYC Verified. Hence, they won’t expire. You can use your Amazon Pay Balance to shop on Amazon India or other verified merchants.
Q: What if I use the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card in a different Amazon Account which is not registered with Amazon Prime. Will I get 5% cashback or 3%?
Ans: You will get 5% cashback if your Amazon Account is Amazon Prime. You will get 3% if your Amazon Account is not Amazon Prime.
How to apply for ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card?
The Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is issued on an invite-only basis. To check if you are eligible for this card now, visit the offer page.
If you are eligible, you will see an Apply Now Button just beside the Banner. If you aren’t available yet, then kindly wait for some days till it reaches out to you.
In case you are preapproved for the card, your card details will be generated instantly and the physical card will be delivered to you within 2-3 days. In case you are not preapproved for the card, you will need to submit documents to the KYC agent, and perform a Video KYC verification. You will get the physical card within 2 weeks.
How to Manage your ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card?
You can check your card under iMobile application > Cards > Credit Cards section.
From there you can do the following:
- Check your Card Details, Expiry and CVV.
- Check your available credit limit.
- Check your recent transactions.
- Pay your Credit Card Bill.
- Access your latest and past credit card statements.
- Allow or Disable ATM Transactions, Online Transactions, International Transactions.
- Increase or Decrease Credit Limit.
- Convert your Card to Expressions Card with your Picture on it.
- Convert your Due Payment to EMI.
- Block your Card.
- Register your Card for Auto Debit at the end of your Billing Period.
- Change Billing Cycle.
- Update Contact Details.
- Update Email ID.
Tips to get your Exclusive Invite Earlier:
If you are the unlucky guy who didn’t get an invite yet, then don’t worry, you will get it soon.
Want to get the invite earlier? Here are some tips for you.
Make an ICICI Bank Account:
It’s not an absolute necessity for getting a credit card, but since ICICI is issuing the card, having an account ensures you can get it faster. You may refer to this post below.
Apply for Amazon Pay KYC:
Amazon has started free physical KYC verification at home.
You can choose to use your Amazon Pay Wallet with either mini KYC or full KYC. Mini KYC doesn’t require physical verification and gives you up to a 10k limit on your Amazon Pay Wallet. Physical KYC upgrades your account, and you can keep up to a 1 lakh balance in your wallet.
Just request your KYC verification from Amazon Pay section of your account. It is free of cost. Schedule an appointment at your house and you are done.
Verifying KYC makes your account stronger, and increases your chances of getting an early invite.
Keep Using Amazon Pay:
The last tip, keep shopping using your Amazon Pay wallet.
Whether it’s shopping on Amazon India or any other supported merchant, always use the wallet. The more you use, the better your chances are to get an early invite to try out their credit card.
That’s all about Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card and how you can apply for the same.
When it comes to conquering the market, Amazon India is far ahead of the competitors. Right from offering Same-Day to Next-Day delivery for most of the products, its Prime Program has benefitted thousands of customers with Free Delivery on all Orders, Discounted Amazon Pantry delivery, Unlimited Free Music Streaming and Download with Prime Music, Unlimited Free Movie and TV Show Streaming with Prime Videos.
This Amazon Pay Credit Card is the latest addition to the already enriched bouquet of benefits, that’s undoubtedly going to benefit a lot of customers.
Thanks for reading. If you have further queries, let me know in the comments below, or join our Finance Community FinTalks and participate in our community discussions. I will be back soon with another interesting update. Keep visiting HiTricks.
By the way, don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for the latest tech updates.