HDFC Bank has brought a set of offerings targeted towards the Millennials, under the name of Millenia Cards. This includes the Millennia Credit Card, Millennia Debit Card, Millennia Prepaid Card, and the EasyEMI Credit Card. All these cards are targeted towards youngsters who regularly like to use their cards online and offline for shopping, traveling, eating, entertainment, and more.
In today’s post, we will look at the features of the HDFC Millennia Credit Card, which is one of the best entry-level rewards credit cards currently available in the country. I will go through the features, the eligibility criteria, charges, and how to apply for it. I will also be mentioning some of the alternative credit cards that you can apply along with it.
The HDFC Millennia Credit card comes with 3 variants: VISA Signature, Mastercard World, and Diners Club International. Unfortunately, you won’t know which variant you will be given, until your card is generated. I received the Diners Club variant at first, and I faced quite a lot of issues with it. So, I later converted my HDFC Credit Card from Diners Club into a VISA variant. This conversion is done free of charge from HDFC Bank if you request it. So, don’t worry about which variant you would be given.
So, let’s get started. Here’s an overview:
HDFC Millennia Credit Card: Features & Rewards Explained
- You will earn 5% cashback on using HDFC Smartbuy Portal or HDFC PayZapp app to shop from Flipkart, Amazon, Flight and Hotel Bookings. The transaction amount should be ₹2000 or above. Maximum ₹750 Cashback per month.
- You will earn 2.5% cashback on online spending outside the Smartbuy portal. The transaction amount should be ₹2000 or above. Maximum ₹750 Cashback per month.
- You will earn a 1% cashback on offline spending and wallet loading. The transaction amount should be ₹100 or above. Maximum ₹750 Cashback per month.
- The maximum cashback that can be earned per month is ₹2250 (750+750+750 in each of the above 3 categories)
- You will get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access (2 per quarter) via Diners Club, Mastercard, or VISA Lounge program.
- Earn 1% fuel surcharge on minimum transaction of ₹400. Maximum cashback ₹250 per billing cycle.
Method of Rewards:
- The cashback will be credited in terms of reward points or cashpoints. You can access and manage your reward points from the Reward Redemption portal inside HDFC Netbanking. (Netbanking > Cards > Enquire > Redeem Reward Points)
- You can redeem your reward points in terms of statement balance at the rate of 1 cash point =₹1. But you need a minimum of 2500 cash points to redeem. And the reward is redeemable in the multiples of 500 only. ₹99 reward redemption fee will be applicable each time.
- You can also redeem your reward points against flight or hotel bookings, gift vouchers, and other benefits from the rewards portal at the rate of 1 cash point = ₹0.3. No minimum cash point amount needed, and no reward redemption fee will be applicable too.
- Reward points are credited the next month before bill generation and are valid for 1 year only. Unredeemed cashpoints will expire after 12 months since the credit.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card: Charges
- Joining Fee and Annual Fee: ₹1000 + 18% GST, totaling ₹1180.
- However, you can easily convert your HDFC Millennia Credit Card to Lifetime Free.
- Special Promotion: If you are applying for a new HDFC Credit Card between 1st November to 31st December 2020, your credit card will be lifetime free without any extra conditions, as mentioned in this article.
- If you cannot convert your card to Lifetime Free, you need to spend ₹30000 within the first 90 days of card issuance to get your card first-year fee waiver, and you need to spend ₹100000 within a year to get a renewal fee waiver.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card: Welcome Bonus
- Earn ₹1000 cashpoints for shopping via Payzapp or Smartbuy platform for the first 6 months of card issuance. Post 6 months, it will be the usual ₹750 cashpoints.
- Get ₹1000 Amazon/Flipkart/other gift vouchers on spends of ₹30000 in the first 90 days of card issuance. Gift vouchers are provided by gyftr and you can choose which voucher you need.
- Milestone Rewards: Get ₹1000 Amazon/Flipkart/other gift vouchers on spends of ₹100000 or more, once per quarter, for the first 4 quarters.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Alternatives
When it comes to rewards, HDFC Millennia Credit Card ticks all the right boxes. 5% Cashback on Flipkart and Amazon puts it neck to neck with the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card and the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. But where it stands out is the whopping 2.5% cashback on regular online spending. This is one of the highest reward rates in the nation. There is only one catch: the minimum transaction needs to be ₹2000 to be eligible for cashback (both 5% and 2.5%). For that only reason, you may want to keep some other reward cards for small valued transactions. Check out a few alternatives below.
Alternative 1: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
Since the HDFC Millennia Credit Card requires you to do a minimum transaction of ₹2000 or above for getting cashback, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card should come to your rescue for general transactions below ₹2000. It offers flat 5% cashback on Flipkart, Myntra, and 2Gud, 4% cashback on Uber, PVR, Makemytrip, Goibibo, and Cure.fit, and flat 1.5% cashback on all online and offline spending. There is no minimum order limit or maximum cashback limit. And the best part is that the cashback gets credited to your card directly. With an annual charge of ₹500+GST, you can get a renewal fee waiver if you spend more than 2 Lakhs in a year.
Alternative 2: Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is a Lifetime Free Card that gives flat 5% cashback on Amazon, 2% cashback on Merchant Websites integrating with Amazon Pay, and 1% cashback on online and offline spending. If you regularly shop from Amazon India, this card is a must for you. The cashback comes to your Amazon account as Amazon Pay Balance, which you need to use in your future purchases. You cannot use the cashback against your credit card bills. But since it is a Lifetime Free credit card, there’s no harm in taking it.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card: Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be a minimum of 21 years old to apply. If you are between 18-21, consider applying for the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card instead.
- For Salaried: Monthly Income of 25k, For Self-Employed: Annual Income of 6L or more.
- However, if you have an HDFC Bank account, you will be preapproved for this credit card even without income proofs or other documents. Check out the ‘How to apply’ section below.
How to Apply for HDFC Millennia Credit Card?
You can check the details of the HDFC Millenia Credit Card and Apply online from HDFC Website.
But before you proceed, I would suggest reading my detailed post on How to apply for HDFC Credit Card. In this post, I have also discussed how to convert your HDFC Credit Card to Lifetime Free. You should definitely check it out so that you don’t miss the chance to get yourself a Lifetime Free Credit Card.
The procedure will be the same for all cards. You first need to enter your details, like your name, date of birth, PAN Card, etc., to know your eligible cards. Then you can apply for your desired HDFC Credit Card.
HDFC Millennia Cards have surely changed the way we transact every day. Although aimed towards millennials, it is popular amongst all age groups, due to the sheer volume of reward points associated with the card. So why waiting? Apply for the HDFC Millennia Credit Card today itself.
Thank you for reading. If you have further queries or want to discuss more, join our finance community on Facebook: FinTalks. It has 3k+ active members at the time of writing this post. We actively engage in meaningful discussions around financial matters, including credit cards.
Do share this post with your friends who want to save some bucks from their regular shopping. I will be back soon with another interesting article. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for the latest Tech Updates.