Axis Bank seems to be in a great mood of rewarding. After the immense popularity of Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, they have launched the Axis Ace Credit Card in October 2020. The Axis Bank Ace Credit Card is a rewards card that is aimed at earning cashback for the day to day transactions and telecom recharges. It is an interesting offering in partnership with Google Pay that would definitely attract a lot of use cases.
Axis Bank has partnered with VISA and the Axis Ace Credit Card is launched under the VISA Signature variant. In today’s post, I will discuss the Axis Ace Credit Card in detail, talk about its features, reward scheme, annual charges involved, and lastly, how to apply for the card. At the same time, I will also mention some of the best alternative credit cards in the market that you can try.
So let’s get started. Here’s an overview:
Axis Ace Credit Card: Features & Rewards Explained
- Earn 5% Cashback on Mobile Recharges and Bill Payments via Google Pay. You need to use your Axis Ace Credit Card inside Google Pay App to get this benefit.
- Earn 4% Cashback on Swiggy, Zomato, and Ola. Applicable to both website and mobile apps.
- Earn 2% Cashback on all online and offline transactions.
- There’s no minimum amount or maximum cap for earning cashback. You can earn unlimited cashback.
- Get 4 Complimentary domestic airport lounge access (once per quarter).
- Get 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver valid on transactions between ₹400 – ₹4000. Maximum cashback ₹500 per month.
- Get up to 20% off on selected restaurants under Axis Bank’s Dining Delights Program.
- Learn more.
Exceptions in Cashback:
- Fuel Transactions, Wallet Loading, EMI transactions, payment of card fees and other card charges, etc. are not eligible for earning cashback.
Mode of Rewards:
- The cashback will be credited directly to your card as a future bill payment.
- The cashback for a billing cycle will be credited in the next billing cycle before 3 days of statement generation.
- So for all transactions from 10th March to 9th April, you will be billed in April, and you will get the cashback before the May bill is generated.
- Similarly, for all transactions between 10th April to 9th May, you will be billed in May, and you will get the cashback before your June statement is generated.
Axis Ace Credit Card: Charges
- Joining Fee & Annual Fee: ₹499 + 18% GST (Totalling ₹590). You will be charged the joining fees as soon as your card is issued to you.
- If you spend ₹10000 within the first 90 days of card issuance, joining fees will be reversed.
- If you spend ₹200000 within a year, your renewal fees will be waived off.
- Pro Tip: Even if you cannot spend 2 Lakhs with your credit card in a year, aim for spending at least ₹1000 per month on Recharges and Bill Payments via Google Pay. You can do mobile recharges, postpaid bills, electricity bills, broadband bills, DTH recharges, gas bills, etc. Also do recharges for your friends and relatives too. This will earn you ₹50 cashback per month, that is, ₹600 per year, which will cover your card fees.
Axis Ace Credit Card: Welcome Bonus
- Special Promotion Offer 1: If you apply for Axis Ace Credit Card within 31st December 2020, no joining fees will be charged.
- Special Promotion Offer 2: Earn 5% cashback on Bigbasket & Grofers platforms. Offer valid till 31st December 2020.
Axis Ace Credit Card Alternatives
The Axis Bank Ace Credit Card is one of the fewest cards in the nation offering flat 2% cashback on all online and offline transactions. This makes it an excellent option for people doing regular transactions outside e-commerce sites like Amazon and Flipkart. This is also probably the best credit card for offline transactions since you get to earn 2% cashback over offline usage too. With a VISA payment processor, you don’t need to worry about card acceptance issues too.
Still, there are a few alternative credit card options that you can try.
Alternative 1: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
In case you shop online from Flipkart or Myntra, the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card should be a better choice for you since it offers 5% cashback on these two platforms, as well as 2Gud. You will earn 4% cashback on Uber, PVR, Cult. fit, Goibibo, and Makemytrip as well. If you use those platforms, you have all the reasons to opt for it. The only place where it cannot overtake the Axis Ace Credit Card is that it offers 1.5% cashback on regular online and offline transactions, whereas the Axis Ace offers 2% cashback on the same. The charges for both the cards are equal. You can compare both cards and make your decision.
Alternative 2: HDFC Millennia Credit Card
HDFC Millenia Credit Card is one of the best reward credit card offerings from HDFC Bank, that offers 5% cashback on Amazon and Flipkart, Flight and Hotel Bookings. That’s not all, you will also earn 2.5% cashback on all regular online transactions. However, the only catch is that the cashback is only for a minimum transaction of 2k. But you also earn 1% cashback on offline and wallet loading transactions above Rs100. Neither the Axis Ace Credit Card nor Flipkart Axis Credit Card provides cashback on wallet loading. This is something you should consider while applying. There’s an annual charge but you can easily convert to Lifetime Free HDFC Credit Card after applying.
Alternative 3: Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
I will suggest Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card for those who regularly shop from Amazon India. You will earn 5% cashback from all transactions from Amazon India. Additionally, you will earn 2% cashback on using Amazon Pay gateway on supported merchants. Regular online and offline transactions would earn you a 1% cashback. Your cashback will be credited to your Amazon account as Amazon Pay Balance. The best part is this is a lifetime free credit card that won’t incur any annual charges. So, you can always keep it for your occasional use.
Axis Ace Credit Card: Eligibility Criteria
- You should be a minimum of 18 years old to apply.
- Documents Needed: PAN Card, ID Proof, Address Proof, Color Photograph, Proof of Income (Salary Slip, or ITR).
- Proof of Income is an indicative document. You may not need it if you apply via card-to-card.
- You may get easier approval for this card if you have an Axis Bank account.
How to Apply for Axis Ace Credit Card?
You can apply for this card either online or by visiting your nearest Axis Bank branch.
Axis Bank Website / Mobile App:
Axis Bank Branch:back to menu ↑
That’s all about Axis Ace Rewards Credit Card. I hope I was able to clarify all your doubts regarding this card. If you still have further queries, join our banking and finance-related Facebook community FinTalks. Here we regularly discuss and update the latest financial offerings. You can also connect with others in the community and post your doubts here. We have already reached 3k active members at the time of writing this post.
Thank you for reading. I will be back soon with more interesting topics. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for the latest tech updates. See you soon!