Soon after the ecom giant Amazon India partnered with ICICI Bank to bring out the Amazon Pay ICICI Lifetime Free Credit Card, its biggest contender Flipkart also partnered with Axis Bank to introduce the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, that competes with the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card neck to neck, while offering one of the best flat rewards on every spending.
In today’s post, we will quickly look at the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, its features, benefits, advantages, and disadvantages (if any), and tell whether it is beneficial to go for this credit card. I will also write how you can apply for this credit card in detail. Let’s get started! Here’s an overview.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card: Features & Rewards Explained
- You will earn a flat 5% cashback on all your purchases from the Flipkart platform. This includes every product listed on Flipkart. There is no limit to the amount of cashback you can earn per month. It’s unlimited.
- Similar to Flipkart, you will earn a flat 5% unlimited cashback on Myntra & 2gud platform too.
- You will earn a flat 4% unlimited cashback on PVR, Uber, Makemytrip, Cure.fit, and Goibibo.
- You will earn a flat 1.5% unlimited cashback on all other online and offline transactions anywhere.
- You will earn a flat 1.5% unlimited cashback on all transactions from Flipkart smartstore.
- 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months No Cost EMI on Flipkart.
- 4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access. Note that you can only access once per quarter.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver. Maximum discount Rs500. Note that the transaction value should be between Rs400 – Rs4000.
Exceptions in Cashback:
- No cashback on fuel spends, purchase of gift cards, EMI transactions, wallet loading transactions, gold purchases, payment of card fees, or any other card charges.
Mode of Rewards:
- The cashback to be credited to your card directly as a future bill payment.
- The cashback comes the next month after bill generation of that period of usage.
- So for all transactions from 1st January to 31st January, you will be billed in February, and the cashback will be credited to your card before the March bill is generated.
- Similarly, for transactions from 1st February to 28th February, you will be billed in March, and the cashback will be credited to your card before the April bill is generated.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card: Charges
- The joining fee and annual charges for Flipkart Axis CC are Rs500 + 18% GST (Totalling Rs590). You will be charged a joining fee as soon as your card is issued to you. After your first transaction with your card, you will get a Rs500 Flipkart Voucher via SMS.
An exception to the above point is when you apply for this card via Flipkart Mobile App, they waive off the first year charge for you. This is a special promotional campaign that Flipkart is running via their App.(This was a special promotion which expired now.)
- Your renewal charges for the next year will be waived off if you spend 2 Lakhs + with your card in a year.
- Pro Tip: Even if you cannot spend 2 Lakhs with your card in a year, aim for spending at least Rs12000 on Flipkart per year. That will earn you Rs600 cashback, which will cover the annual cost of the card. Anything you spend beyond this is your savings.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card: Welcome Bonus
You will receive these welcome bonus after your first transaction with the card. Some of them may come bundled with the card itself. Check the card leaflet after you get it, to know how to avail these benefits. You can also check the details with terms and conditions here.
- Those who apply from inside Flipkart App will get their virtual card activated instantly.
- Flipkart Rs500 gift voucher.
- Makemytrip Rs500 discount coupon.
- Goibibo Rs500 discount coupon.
- 15 months Gaana Plus Membership worth Rs1599 for only Rs399.
- Myntra 15% off on first transactions.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card Alternatives:
Flipkart Axis Bank credit card is a great reward credit card, especially for regular e-commerce shoppers. If you regularly shop from Flipkart for your daily essentials, this card will save you 5%. Leaving out the partner websites (Uber, Goibibo, PVR, Makemytrip) where it offers 4%, it still offers 1.5% cashback on all regular purchases. There is no minimum buying cap and no maximum limit for getting cashback. All in all, it still offers a good bang for the buck.
But here are a few alternative reward credit cards for you which are equivalent to the Flipkart Axis CC.
Alternative 1: Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
The biggest alternative to Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is probably the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card. The biggest advantage of this rewards credit card is that it is a Lifetime Free Card. It offers 5% cashback on purchases from Amazon India. However, the cashback does not get credited to the card directly. It comes as Amazon Pay Balance, and you need to use it on some different occasions. Also, leaving out the partner sites (where Amazon Pay is accepted as a payment method), the cashback for regular purchases is just 1%, as opposed to 1.5% cashback on the Flipkart Axis Credit Card.
Alternative 2: HDFC Millennia Credit Card
HDFC Millennia Credit Card offers 5% cashback in both Amazon and Flipkart if your minimum transaction amount is Rs2000. Also, the cashback comes as reward points, which need to be redeemed from their rewards portal. But, it also offers 2.5% cashback on regular transactions above Rs2000. So, if you have high volume transactions, this is a better deal since the cashback is higher. For smaller transactions (below Rs2000), the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is still a better option as it has no minimum or maximum cap.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card: Eligibility Criteria
- You should be a minimum of 18 years old to apply.
- Documents Needed: PAN Card, ID Proof, Address Proof, Color Photograph, Proof of Income (Salary Slip, or ITR).
- Proof of Income is an indicative document. You may not need it if you apply via card-to-card.
How to Apply for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card?
There are three ways to apply for Flipkart Axis CC.
- Online: From inside Flipkart App.
- Online: From Axis Bank Website / Mobile App.
- Offline: From Axis Bank Branch.
Flipkart is sending invites to selected users to apply for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. You also don’t need to upload so many documents, especially if you already have an Axis Bank account. It will instantly generate your Virtual Card. Your physical card will be delivered in a few days.
Axis Bank Website / Mobile App:
You can also apply for this card from the Axis Bank website. If you already have an axis bank account, you have a better chance of getting approval, and get better credit limits. You might get a preapproved offer right away. Even if you don’t have an axis bank account, you can apply for it by submitting the necessary documents.
Remember, your joining fee will be charged if you don’t apply via the Flipkart channel.
Axis Bank Branch:
In case you have an existing credit card from different banks, you can submit the last 3 months’ statement of your credit card too, for getting the Flipkart Axis card. Remember, your existing card limit should be less than 30% utilized at the time of bill generation, and all card dues should be paid. You can take an ID proof, Address proof, PAN Card, and the credit card statement to your nearest Axis Branch, and apply for the Flipkart Axis Credit Card.
You will be getting the card in 2-3 weeks. Your joining fee will be charged too.back to menu ↑
That’s all about Flipkart Axis CC. If you have further queries, join our FinTalks community on Facebook. At the time of writing this post, we have more than 3k active members in our group. You are welcome to join and participate in our discussions and stay updated on the latest financial developments.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends who would like to grab this Flipkart Axis Bank Rewards Credit Card. If you love tech updates, don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel. I will be back soon with another interesting article. Keep visiting HiTricks.