Disney+ is finally here in India. Although the official launch was scheduled to be on 29th March 2020, along with the IPL Premiere in India, Disney Plus has launched 5 days later, on 3rd April 2020. You can access all of Disney+ World Service content in India, from the Hotstar platform itself.
Hotstar is the OTT Platform owned by Star India, which was earlier owned by Fox Studios, and now wholly owned by The Walt Disney company. Hence, Disney has quietly updated the Hotstar Android and iOS apps, and the Hotstar Website, rebranding them to Disney+ Hotstar.
Not only that, but Disney is also actively utilizing the Hotstar platform to host its wide range of contents, either their own or from one of their subsidiaries, which includes The Walt Disney Pictures, The Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, ABC Networks, ESPN, FX, National Geographic, Star World, Star India, and Fox Star Studios.
They also own the rights to HBO Originals in India, as well as the streaming rights to domestic (IPL) and International Cricket Streaming. Ohh yeah! The list is pretty big.
So, what are the new contents added to the Disney+ Hotstar Platform? Check out the list below:
List of Disney+ Originals in India:
- A Bug’s Life
- Cars 3
- Diary of a Future President
- Disney Family Sundays
- Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings
- Free Solo
- Forky Asks a Question
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- Lady and the Tramp (2019)
- Lamp Life
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (All Movies)
- Marvel’s Hero Project
- Mickey Mouse
- One Day at Disney
- Pick of the Litter
- Pixar in Real Life
- Shop Class
- Short Circuit
- The Imagineering Story: Limited Series
- The Mandalorian
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
- Timon & Pumba
All total, there were more than 110+ additions. I cannot list them all here, but JustWatch did that for you already. You can find the complete list from here.back to menu ↑
Disney+ Hotstar Plans and Pricing:
So, what will be the subscription charges for Disney+ Hotstar for new users?
Well, one of my friend Sachin reached out to Hotstar regarding this, and they replied that the subscription charges wouldn’t increase.
Well, it was true. When we checked back, we found that the entire bouquet of Disney Plus Originals has been added to the Hotstar India catalog at no added extra cost. So, you won’t be charged anything extra to access them.
Currently, Hotstar provides two types of subscription: VIP and Premium
Disney+ Hotstar VIP:
- Annual Plan: Rs365
Disney+ Hotstar Premium:
- Monthly Plan: Rs299
- Annual Plan: Rs999
If you are already a Hotstar Premium subscriber, then you will instantly get access to all Disney+ content without any extra cost.
If you are a Hotstar VIP subscriber, then too, you will be able to access to all of the Disney+ content in Hindi. You won’t get it in English. If you are okay with the dubbed version, then you can save quite a lot of money by going with the VIP subscription. (Essentially, the Premium subscription only gives you access to USA Movies and TV Shows which does not have a Hindi dub).back to menu ↑
How to Subscribe Disney+ Hotstar in India?
Subscribing to Disney+ Hotstar is easy.
Just visit the Hotstar Premium and VIP subscription page and continue with your purchase. Click on the button below.back to menu ↑
How to Get Disney+ Hotstar Premium for FREE?
If you are short in cash, or just in case you wish to try out the new Disney+ Hotstar Premium before paying them, here’s a way to get some Disney+ Premium accounts for Free.
First things first, I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU THIS METHOD. I just listed it for your knowledge since it exists, and I take no responsibility for any repercussions whatsoever. Try at your own risk.
There is a Telegram Bot known as @HotstarBot that provides Free Disney+ Premium and VIP accounts. All you need to do is to Install Telegram, search, and Join this Bot.
- Install the Telegram app from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the App and Sign up for an Account. Skip to the next step if you already have an account.
- Search for ‘Hotstarbot’ or Directly Click this Link to Start the Bot Directly.
- Send the message /start, and it will give you its details.
- Tap on /premium or /VIP to get a Premium or VIP account.
- Click the included link to obtain your password. This step should be tricky for most users since it requires browsing through multiple pages full of ads.
- After you have got the ID and Password, you can use them to log in.
- If the ID and Password ask for OTP, then you have bad luck, try again to obtain a new account.
Well, I again do not recommend this method. This is only meant for trial purposes. Please do not misuse it.back to menu ↑
That’s all about getting a Disney+ Hotstar Account in India. Let me know if you have any further queries. I will be happy to help. Thank You for reading. If you like our posts at HiTricks, do share them with your friends. Use the social share buttons below.
Here’s some recent updates you might be intersted into:
- Download Microsoft Editor: Best Grammarly Alternative
- StepSetGo: Get Free Rewards just by Walking Everyday
- TRICK: How to Bypass Read Receipts on WhatsApp?
I will be back with another exciting update. Till then, stay tuned!