Want to get rid of your old Facebook posts at once? Try out the new Facebook Manage Activity Tool and get rid of all your embarrassing moments quickly.
Facebook has been actively revamping its platform recently while bringing UI changes as well as adding new features. We recently saw a fresh modern UI which brought Facebook Dark Mode on their web version. Then we saw features like Facebook Profile Avatars and a tool to Auto-Transfer Facebook Pictures & Videos to Google Photos. The latest addition to the Best Facebook Tricks is the ability to archive old, embarrassing Facebook Posts with the updated Facebook Manage Activity tool.
Joined Facebook in the stone age of the internet?
The chances are that you pretty much didn’t care about the platform much in your initial days. You might have posted random silly stuff on your timeline, which inevitably got buried under the pile of new posts but can still be accessible publicly. Facebook finally gave a chance to go back to those days again and remove your unwanted shitposts!
Yeah! You heard me. The latest ‘Manage Activity’ tool on Facebook aims at clearing up your mess with a few taps only. In today’s post, we will look at how you can archive your old posts and get rid of your embarrassments.
So, let’s get started!
How to archive old Facebook Posts with Manage Activity?
It’s important to curate what pops up on your social media feed. With the help of the Manage Activity tool, you can move those posts to trash, which you no longer want to see. All the posts which you send to trash will be there for 30 days after that; it will be deleted. If you’re going to restore them, you must restore it before it gets deleted automatically. You get 30 days to restore the posts, in case you change your mind not to remove the posts.
If you are the one who wants to archive or trash the posts from your feed, then follow the steps and archive old posts.
Steps to archive old Facebook Posts using Manage Activity:
- First of all, open the Facebook app.
- Go to the Profile page and scroll down, where you can create a new post.
- There you will see a new “Manage Posts” section.
- Click on Go To Activity Log.
- Now, tap on Manage Activity.
- It will ask your posts, click on it.
- Then you will see the list of your posts, and at the top side, you will see three options Filters, Archive, Trash.
- Click on filters and then on category.
- Now, select any of post which you want to archive or trash.
- Once you have selected the post, click on the archive or trash option, which is at the bottom of the screen. Anything you archive will be hidden from public forever but will continue to exist for you until you move it to trash. Anything you move to trash will stay there temporarily for 30 days, after which it will be deleted forever.
- If you archive your posts, you can click on the archive option and check.
- If you don’t want your post in archive also then go to the archive option and click on the three dots and delete the post from there too.
- If you want to move a post to trash, you can check it in the trash section.
- Anything you move to trash will be permanently deleted within 30 days, so make sure to recover important pics or videos that you push there accidentally.
That’s it! This is how you can archive old posts from your Facebook profile by using the ‘Manage Activity’ tool.
If you want to manage many posts at once, then you can do it in bulk. Manage Activity allows you to view and manage posts in bulks. As there is a filter option available, sort the category from there as per your wishes like posts from a specific date or a particular person.
Facebook’s Manage Activity tool helps you to clean up your social media history. A feature like this has been coming to Facebook for a long time. And now finally the feature is here. Facebook also said that it would add more functionality to this tool. The feature will be available for all the users in the coming weeks.
So, this is all about the Manage Activity tool on Facebook. We have explained to you in detail how you can archive old Facebook posts by using the Manage Activity tool. We hope this article was helpful to you. Stay tuned for more and latest updates.
If you have any query, then feel free to comment in the comment section below. If this is helpful to you, then please do share it with your friends and tell them if they want to hide their old Facebook posts, they must use this tool. Thank you for reading. Keep visiting HiTricks for more Facebook Tricks and other tech tips.