Twitter is one of the best social media platforms in the world. They always bring new features and services to the platform to engage the users. Recently they added a new feature called fleets which is similar to Instagram stories. They also added Audio Tweets & Voice Messages. Now this time Twitter introduced a feature called Twitter spaces which is similar to Facebook rooms where users can chat with each other over video calling.
The main difference between Facebook Room and Twitter Space is that it only supports voice. Users can create and join voice rooms and can go live on Twitter. Currently, Twitter is testing and building this feature and asking for feedback to improve it. Apart from audio conversion, there is much more feature to come with the Twitter Spaces, including monetizing Twitter Spaces with paid tickets.
This feature currently is in beta mode and only selected Android and iOS users can join and listen in Twitter space. Only some iOS groups of people are able to create a space.
Steps to Create Twitter Space?
- Creating Twitter Spaces is pretty easy. You can start it two ways.
- By Long pressing on composes and then tap the new Spaces icon on the left.
- By tapping on your profile image in Fleets, scroll to the right, and tap Spaces.
- Select who gets speaking privileges. The options are: “Everyone,” “People You Follow,” or “Only People You Invite to Speak.”
- Now invite peoples to join your Twitter space they can speak, share thoughts, send emojis in the space.
- Now Tap on the start button to start the space.
- The mic access is off while creating the space make sure to turn it on after that choose whether you want to share transcriptions or not.
- You can also add a name and description to your space which can be modified at any point while your Space is active.
- Now Click on the start recording button to start in your Space.
Terms & Conditions:
- You can only invite up to 10 people with speaking privileges.
- Spaces are public and anyone can join as a listener, including those who don’t follow you.
- The listeners can be directly invited into Space by sending them a link in their dm.
Steps to join Twitter spaces?
- Joining twitter spaces is a pretty easy task and anyone can join them.
- Open your Twitter app and look for the fleets.
- Twitter spaces are available at the left of the fleets.
- Click on it and all of the available twitter spaces appear on your screen.
- You can also directly join the Twitter space via the space invite link.
- Join any of the Twitter space by clicking on the related icon.
- By default, you can only join as a listener and can not talk in the space.
- However, you can ask the space host to speak and if he allows it then you can talk in the space.
Note: Only the person who created the Space has the ability to end it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can see my Twitter Spaces?
Currently, All Spaces are public anyone can access them. Spaces will automatically appear at the top of your timeline where you see Fleets. However, you can make your space private by clicking the “Only People You Invite to Speak” option while creating the Space in the upcoming updates.
How Many Peoples can listen to my Twitter Spaces?
Anyone on Twitter can join your space but they can not directly speak in the space. However, they can ask for permission to talk in the space and if you give them permission to talk then they will share his/her thoughts in the space.
How many people can speak in a Space?
For Now, a Maximum of 10 people (excluding the host) can speak at the same time.
Who can end a Space?
The person how created space has the ability to end the space. It can also be ended by twitter if it is found to be in violation of the Twitter rules.
What controls do hosts have over his Space?
The host of the space has full control over the space. He can remove, report, block, give permission to talk.
Note:- If a host blocks a participant in the space, then he will also block that person’s account on his Twitter account.
How can I report a Space?
If any space violates the Twitter rules, you can report that space while tapping the “…” icon and selecting Report this space. Anyone can report the spaces or any account within the space.
So this is all you need to know about Twitter Space. We mentioned step by step procedure to create or join the Twitter spaces. Still, if you face any problem while joining the spaces feel free to ask in the comment section we will happy to help you.
Thanks for reading. I will be back soon with another interesting update. Keep visiting HiTricks. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest tech updates.