The second phase of Covid-19 has hit very hard on us. But this is the time to be strong and brave enough to fight this deadly disease and we can surely beat the virus. Vaccination for Covid-19 has already started. From 1 May 2021 onwards, any adult above the age of 18 is eligible for the vaccination. Registrations have started from 28 April 2021 and one can register for vaccination on the CoWIN website and Aarogya Setu application.
In this post, I will share these two methods of Covid19 vaccination registration in detail.
Do check our other related posts:
- Tricks To Find CoVID-19 Vaccination Slots Near You
- How To Download Your Vaccination Certificate From CoWIN?
- GUIDE: How to add Passport No on CoWIN Vaccination Certificate?
Here’s an overview:
Types Of Covid19 Vaccines:
Before registering for the vaccination, one should be aware of the vaccines that are going to be given. In India we have 3 vaccines:
Covaxin is an inactivated vaccine developed by Hyderabad-based company, Bharat Biotech, which will help in producing antibodies in the human body. As per the official instructions, One has to get two doses of it with a gap of 4-6 weeks.
Covishield is originally developed by Oxford-Astra Zeneca, but the manufacturing is taken care of by Serum Institute, India. It is made up of Adenovirus, the common cold virus. When injected, it will prompt the human body to form antibodies against the virus. Two doses of the vaccine have to be taken in a gap of 4 to 12 weeks.
Sputnik V is manufactured and developed in Russia. It is as effective as Covishield. Russia has helped India by sending doses of the effective vaccine. The efficacy of the vaccine is 92%. It has been approved by the government and soon will start the doses as well.
How To Register in the CoWIN Portal?
1. First of all, visit the official website www.cowin.gov.in.
2. Now click on the Register/Sign in Yourself tab.
4. After that add your details such as name, Gender, Date of Birth, and Photo ID proof on the Register for Vaccination page.
5. Now click on Register.
6. After successful registration, you will get an option to schedule the appointment.
7. Click on Schedule.
8. Enter the Pin code of your area and hit the search tab.
9. You will see the vaccination centers in your area.
10. Select the suitable center from the list.
11. Choose a Date and time.
12. Hit the Confirm button.
13. One can reschedule the appointment as well.
14. Total of 4 members could be added to one user login.
On the day of vaccination, go well in advance so that you don’t need to wait at the vaccination center for long.
How To Register in Aarogya Setu app?
Download the Aarogya Setu app from Play Store or App Store.
- After successful installation, open the app.
- Click on the Cowin tab available on the home page.
- Go to Vaccination registration.
- Enter your primary phone number.
- You will receive an OTP.
- Verify the OTP on the portal.
- After OTP verification, the app will redirect to the Register for Vaccination page.
- Enter all your basic details, name, gender, date of birth, ID proof, etc.
- Hit the Register tab.
- Click on schedule to book an appointment.
- Put your area Pin code in the search bar and hit the search button.
- Select a center from the list available in your area.
- Choose an appropriate date and time.
- Click on Confirm tab.
- Rescheduling can also be done.
Finding Slots Through MyGov Corona Helpdesk:
MyGov Corona Helpdesk is a Whatsapp chat box, which was launched last year when the first phase of Covid-19 started in India. This help desk has been assisting people in several ways, from essential information to safety measures. This year as the vaccination trial started, MyGov came forward to help people in finding the vaccination centers in their area.
- Add the MyGov Corona Helpdesk contact no., +919013151515 in your phone book.
- This chatbox is available in English and Hindi as well.
- Open Whatsapp and search for the contact.
- Send a Hi or Namaste in the chatbox.
- You will get an automated response, which will ask you to enter the Pin code of your area.
- Enter the Pin code.
- The chatbox will show all the Covid-19 vaccination centers available in your area.
- One can not book the vaccination slot here but can check the availability and vaccination centers in the particular area.
- This WhatsApp chatbox helps the users in getting all the necessary information related to Covid-19.
- The chatbox shares success stories, risk reduction tips, the latest analytics, and statistics of vaccination trials. All the important updates are shared on this platform.
Tricks to Find Empty Vaccination Slots Near You:
As you can probably imagine, with the severe shortage of vaccines compared to the huge population of our country, it is going to take a herculean effort to get everyone inoculated. Going by the estimated projections, it might take more than 2 years to complete. Naturally, a huge rush is expected on the online vaccination booking slots. We have written a detailed post on some tricks that will help you get notified as soon as an empty slot is available in your locality. Check out our post on Tricks To Find CoVID-19 Vaccination Slots Near You.
Side Effects After Taking Covid Vaccine:
After getting vaccinated, people may observe few side effects including:
- Swelling on the injection site.
- Mild fever
These are called AEFI (Adverse Effects Followed by Immunization). These are completely normal. Keep a check for AEFI for at least 1 day after you get vaccinated. Learn more about COVID AEFI.
But these side effects will go away in few days. You need to make sure that you are eating healthy food and maintaining a good healthy lifestyle. These side effects are not necessary. All bodies are different and will react differently to what the vaccine does. Bit no need to worry about it.
In case you feel more serious effects, get in touch with a doctor for further advice.
This was all the important information about the Covid-19 vaccination in India. All the adults above the age of 18 are going to be vaccinated. Book your slot and get vaccinated to fight this deadly disease and we will win over it. In case you are not able to receive the OTP, this might be a server error, wait for some time and try again. But do get vaccinated. Stay healthy stay safe.
Thank you for reading. Do share this post with your friends and help them get vaccinated at the earliest. Use the social share buttons below. I will be soon with another interesting update. Keep visiting HiTricks. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest Tech Updates.