If you want to run Android applications on Windows 11, you must have the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) feature installed on your computer system. Here, in this article, you can learn how to install the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11 in simple steps. You can also install this additional service on your Windows 11 system even if you don’t have a US-based Amazon account or you live outside of the USA.
What is Windows Subsystem for Android feature?
Windows Subsystem for Android or WSA is a virtual machine engine powered by Hyper-V to operate Android-based applications on Windows 11 Operating System. However, it needs Amazon Appstore to install all the Android applications on your computer system that’s why this feature is the essential component that you must have in your PC system if you want to use Android apps on Windows 11 OS. It is quite similar to the Windows Subsystem for Linux feature that Microsoft launched a few months back.
Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) is only accessible or available for US users who have enlisted themselves on the Beta version of the Windows Insider Program as the Amazon Appstore application is not available in major parts of the world except for the US users. Even though you manage to evade or bypass the restriction, you should have a US-based Amazon account and choose the Windows Insider Program (Beta Channel) to avail the feature on your computer system. Along with this, your system supports the latest version of Windows OS i.e. Windows 11 on your system.
There are two methods to install the Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11. The first method is the official method for those users who lives in the United States. This method is relatively easier for them as compared to the users who’re living outside the USA.
Method 1: Install Windows Subsystem for Android via Microsoft Store:
Through this method, the Windows Subsystem for Android will install automatically with the Amazon Appstore app which is available on the latest version of Microsoft Store. You should ensure you enable virtualization using Hyper-v on your Windows Machine.
Note – Kindly check that you’ve enrolled yourself with the Beta Channel of the Windows Insider Program and also check that you’ve updated your system with the latest version of Windows 11 and Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to install the Windows Subsystem for Android through Microsoft Store:
- Open the Amazon Appstore app on the Microsoft Store. Click on the Install button to install the application on the PC system.
- Click on the Set Up button on the app and then click on the Download button. Now, it will automatically download and install the Windows Subsystem for Android in your PC system.
- Click on the Next button and then click on the Restart button on the app. Now, your system will restart with the updated settings.
Now, the Windows Subsystem for Android is installed on your device and you can install the Android apps on your Windows 11 system.
Method 2: (Manually Download the WSA file)
If you’re a user of Windows OS who lives outside the USA and wants to avail the benefits of this feature, then follow the steps properly to install the Windows Subsystem for Android in your PC system. Note that, it won’t install Amazon Appstore automatically. You need to Install Amazon Appstore on Windows Subsystem for Android AFTER completing these steps.
- Open your web browser and enter this URL on your web browser – https://store.rg-adguard.net/
- Now, a page will open on your browser screen. Now, there will be a drop-down menu below the box.
- Click on the Drop-Down menu and select the ProductId option from the drop-down list.
- Now, a box will appear on the screen and you’ve to enter the Product ID – 9P3395VX91NR on the empty box.
- Now, on the 2nd drop-down menu, choose the Slow option and click on the button with the Tick mark (ü) sign.
- Now, a long list will appear on the screen with various links. Now, you’ve to click on this link which we’ve mentioned here – MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle.
- Now, it will download the files and the files will be stored on the Downloads section in your system. After this, copy the file which you’ve downloaded and paste it on the C drive of your system.
- Now, press the Window key + X and choose the Windows Terminal (Admin) option on the menu.
- Now, enter the command on the command box – Add-AppxPackage-Path[file path]. On the file path section, you’ve to enter the file path of the downloaded file. Just right-click on your downloaded files and click on the Copy as path option and paste it on the command.
- Now click the Enter key on your keyboard. After a few moments, the installation process will be completed and you’re ready to use the Windows Subsystem for Android feature on your device.
- Now, close the Windows Terminal (Admin) window on your screen.
Now, when your system reopens with the updated settings, just click on the Start menu and you can see that Windows Subsystem for Android feature is installed on your computer system. Kudos! You did it. Now you may proceed to Install Amazon Appstore for WSA.
So now you have already installed the ‘Windows Subsystem for Android’ on your Windows 11 system and wondering what to do next? Fret not, there are a couple of things you can try now:
- How to Bypass the Amazon App Store Region Lock on Windows Subsystem for Android?
- How to Install Amazon Appstore on Windows Subsystem for Android?
- How to sideload Android apps on Windows Subsystem for Android?
- How to Install Android Apps on Windows Subsystem for Android with WSA PacMan?
So, that’s all about how you can install the Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11. In this article, we’ve tried our best to cover all the aspects of WSA functionality, its usage, its implication, and all other things, and also how you can use this system to install Android-based applications in your system. In case you have further queries, just drop them down in the comments section below. I will be happy to help.
Thank you for reading. Do share this post with your friends. Keep visiting HiTricks. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest tech updates.