On Windows 11, the Windows Subsystem for Android is a special feature in Windows 11 that allows you to operate different Android-based applications on your computer system along with the Windows apps. This feature is presently available as a special preview feature for the devices registered in the Beta version of the Windows Insider Program along with the latest version of Windows 11 and Microsoft Store.
Additionally, this feature is only available for Windows users who live in the United States. You can download the Android apps on your Windows 11 through a special app which is Amazon Appstore and for this; you should have a United-States-based Amazon account to access the app properly.
In our previous article, we’ve discussed How to Enable Virtualization on your Windows system and also How to Install Windows Subsystem for Android. You must have updated your Windows OS to its latest version and also update the Microsoft Store app to its latest version. In today’s post, we will give you the step-by-step guide to installing the Amazon App store from Microsoft Store. Here’s an overview.
What is the Amazon Appstore for Windows?
The Amazon Appstore is the main center for the Android-based applications that can be installed and operated on your Windows OS (mainly, Windows 11). Microsoft has tried its best to make it easier for users to download the apps on Windows 11. Microsoft also states that running Android apps and Android-based games on Windows 11 devices will make you feel familiar with the feature and you can easily operate these apps simultaneously with the help of the latest Snap Layouts feature. You can avail of these benefits if you’ve enrolled your system with the Windows Insider Program as this feature is available for the Beta version of the Windows Insider Program.
Step By Step Guide On How To Install Amazon App Store From Microsoft Store:
Now, without any further ado, we’ll discuss how to install Amazon Appstore from Microsoft Store in Windows 11.
- You may need to Bypass Region Lock for Amazon Appstore at first to remove Amazon Appstore geo-restrictions for your country. Check out the link to know about it.
- Open the Microsoft Store app and search for the Amazon Appstore app. Now, download the application and click on the Install button to install the app.
- Once the Amazon Appstore app is installed on your system, click on the Start menu (button with Windows icon) and click on the All apps option on and choose the Amazon Appstore option from the apps list.
- Now, the Amazon Appstore app will open on the screen. Log in with your Amazon account (U.S. based) and if you don’t have an account on Amazon, you can also create a new account there.
- After you’re logged in successfully on the app, the main dashboard of Amazon Appstore will appear on the screen. Now, select any particular app from the list which you want to install on Windows 11.
- After signing in to the Amazon Appstore, you can search for any Android app and just click on the Get button to install the app on your Windows 11 system.
Once you’ve completed all the steps properly, you can easily open the Android apps from the Amazon Appstore, or it will also be enlisted in the Start menu for your ease. Well, done! You have successfully installed Amazon Appstore for Windows Subsystem for Android.
If you are wondering what to do next, here are a few things that you can try:
- How to sideload Android apps on Windows Subsystem for Android?
- How to Install Android Apps on Windows Subsystem for Android with WSA PacMan?
Through this, you can run Android apps in your Windows 11 system through Amazon Appstore. But, the users can download up to 60 Android-based apps which are available on the Amazon App Store but they’ve also announced that in the future, they will add more applications on the app interface very soon.
So, in this way you can readily download and install the Amazon Appstore from the Microsoft Store in simple steps. Furthermore, we’ve tried to cover every detail related to this particular topic and if you feel we’ve missed something on this specific topic please let us know.
Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest tech updates.