The special event, WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference) hosted by the leading premium brand, Apple, held on June 22, 2020, was a remarkable event for Apple lovers. Apple devices are known for getting regular updates for an extended period, and they offer the most stable and clean operating system to the users.
In this event, Apple launched the all-new operating systems: iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and the macOS Big Sur 11. Apple’s OS developers had done a great job in improving the interface designs and adding many unique features.
In this article, we are going to discuss the new features of iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and the macOS Big Sur 11 and how to download them. So, let’s get started.
iOS 14 Beta:
Home screen and interface: iPhone’s home screen looks completely different under iOS14 and consists of more options for customizations.
Apple introduced App Library on iOS 14; it offers a smart way of organizing apps by arranging your apps according to different categories: Entertainment, Social Health & Fitness, Apple Arcade, etc. This categorization will be an automatic feature that also offers the user to drag more apps.
In iOS 13, Widgets were restricted in Notification Center only, but now they come to the home screen. There’s a new widget called “Smart Stack” that may show suggestions or tries to show features while performing a particular task.
Now with iOS 14, Messages lets you pin a conversation on top of the screen that offers the user to replay quickly. Twenty new emoticons are also added with new hairstyles and face coverings, creating more options to share emotions.
There are more such improvements and new features in iOS 14 like small changes in Maps, CarPlay gets new features and wallpapers, you can now unlock your car via NFC (initially it’s available for only BMW cars), new App Clip, and many other tons of miscellaneous changes.
iPadOS 14 Beta:
The most significant change you will notice in iPad OS 14 is the changes in the UI of Apps. Apple redesigned the sidebars, pull-down menus, and toolbars. The new design looks more like Mac Applications and provides a more user-friendly experience.
iPadOS 14 introduced the all-new Redesigned Widgets that are even better than what we had in iOS 13. Now, they are more informative and intelligent. You can change the size of a widget and can choose how much information to show.
In iPadOS 14, the search bar is similar to what we have on the Mac. This new design is compact and allows you to search anywhere. The search bar is now better organized and gives better typing suggestions.
With iOS 14, capabilities of Apple Pencil are enhanced by bringing the Scribble technology from the Apple Watch. It increased handwriting recognition and chats in all text sections.
Apple made its browser faster and easier to navigate with iOS 14. The browser now allows translating webpages in English, Spanish, Chinese, French, German, Russian, or Brazilian Portuguese.
Besides these above features, it also includes almost every new feature of iOS 14.
MacOS 11 Big Sur beta:
With macOS 11 Big Sur Beta, Apple has shifted to back to 3D depth and shaded UI icons and designs, which we had with pre-iOS 7. Big Sur has refreshed many elements with shadow details, and they look fantastic now. The new round-cornered windows give a more bubbly feel.
Apple now included the new Control Center with toggles like dark mode and music. Some other changes are- new sidebar and toolbar and grouped notification. The messages now include the new search bar, memojis, and inline replies.
Apple’s browser, ‘Safari,’ got significant improvements in the new macO. Apple claims that it is 50% faster than Google’s Chrome, has more privacy-centric extensions, and instantly reveals how websites are using your device’s features or tracking you.
One of the most significant thing with Apple’s macOS Big Sur is, it will be the first macOS version which supports ARM CPUs (Apple Silicon). This will allow us to run iPadOS apps on macOS in the future.
There are some improvements in AirPods device switching, editing in Photos, Homekit Secure video, etc.
How to Download Apple Beta Software?
Here are the simple steps to download and install any of the latest Apple Beta Software listed above. Follow these steps to install the latest iOS 14 Beta, iPadOS 14 Beta, and the macOS 11 Big Sur Beta.
- Open any browser on your device, and visit developer.apple.com.
- For iOS, Tap on the two lines at the top-left corner. Then tap on the “Account” option, present in the last of the menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Tap on the “arrow” icon to continue.
- Read Apple Developer Agreement and check the boxes to agree and tap on 1the “Submit” button to proceed.
- Now, scroll down the page and tap on the “Join the Apple Developer Program” link.
- Tap on the blue “Enroll” button to start enrollment for Apple’s Developer Program. Now, scroll down the page and tap on the “Start Your Enrollment” button.
- Then it will ask you to fill your details. After filling information, tap on the “Continue” button to proceed further.
- Now choose the entity type in the drop-down menu; by default, it is selected as “Individual/Sole Proprietor”. Tap on the “continue” button.
- Now, read and accept the legal agreement by checking the box. Then again tap on the “continue” button.
- At last, it will show the pricing details and enrollment ID. Tap on the “Purchase” button to begin the payment process. On the next page, Enter your payment method and details, and you are good to go.
- It will take up to 48 hours, and after that, you can download and install the iOS 14 beta from developers.apple.com/download. From there, you can download iOS 14 beta, iPadOS 14 beta, macOS beta profiles for Big Sur, and even beta versions of watchOS and tvOS too.
We hope this article will clear out your doubts regarding the new features of iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and the macOS Big Sur 11. Apple always tries to give the best security features to its users; the new operating systems are one more step towards the AI world. With the Apple Developer Program, users can access the latest operating systems before official rollout. As per reviews, the Beta profiles are very stable, so that you can try them without any worries.
Keep following us for more such tech post and let us know about your queries around this topic in the comment box, and we will help you out. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for the latest tech updates.