HDFC Bank, being the largest credit card issuer in the country, offers various exclusive cards targeted at different segments of individuals. Nowadays, people’s demand for rewards & cashback credit cards has increased drastically as these cards allow them to save more & more on their purchases. Keeping this fact in mind, the card issuer offers several credit cards with great reward rates, out of which, the HDFC Millennia and HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card are among the most popular HDFC bank Credit Cards. Both of these are cashback credit cards and come with many more exciting benefits across other categories as well.
In today’s post, we will be looking at a detailed comparison between the two HDFC credit cards. Here’s an overview:
Before we begin, let me invite you to our Finance Discussion Community on Facebook: FinTalks. Here we share our experiences and discuss queries related to banking, debit cards, and credit cards, mutual funds, stock markets, and more. A lot of offers and discounts related to credit cards are also discussed here. Click Here to Join FinTalks.
When talking about the best cashback credit cards in the market, both the Millennia and the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card are always on the top of the list. And this is why a lot of people get confused between the two when they try to find the best credit card for themselves. The Millennia Credit Card comes with a comparatively higher annual fee, but on the other hand, it also offers complimentary lounge access that is not offered with the MoneyBack Plus Card. Other than this, the cashback rate is also different on both cards and is one of the most important factors to be considered while comparing the two cards. If you are also trying to choose one of these two credit cards, this article will help you make a better decision by comparing both the cards on the basis of different factors:
HDFC Millennia Credit Card
The Millennia Credit Card issued by the HDFC Bank is popular not only among the HDFC Bank customers but among all the individuals who look for the best cashback cards available in the Indian market. It comes with an annual fee of ₹1,000 and offers great benefits that make the annual fee worth it. It doesn’t offer cashback directly but rewards its customers in the form of Cash Points, which are redeemable against cashback. To understand all the benefits & features of the card in detail, refer to the following points:
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders get 1,000 bonus Cash Points (equivalent to ₹1,000).
- You get a 5% cashback (in the form of Cash Points) on partner brands including Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Tata Cliq, Cult.fit, Swiggy, Zomato, etc.
- You get 1% cashback on all other purchases made with this card.
- For redemption against cashback, 1 Cash Point = ₹1.
- Get 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter (8 per year) with this card.
- Get 2 complimentary international lounge visits every quarter with the Diners Club variant.
- Enjoy a discount of 20% on dining across several participating restaurants (applicable only for the first three months).
- The renewal fee of ₹1,000 is waived off on spending ₹1 lakh in the previous year.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card:
The HDFC MoneyBack+ credit card is another card issued by the bank that rewards you in the form of CashPoints. However, the monetary value of cash points for this card is lower than that for the Millennia Card, which is one of the biggest plus points for the Millennia Credit Card. It comes with an annual fee of ₹500 and offers a decent reward rate and several other benefits to its customers. To understand all its advantages in detail, go through the following points:
- The cardholders get a bonus of 500 Cash Points as a welcome benefit.
- You earn 2 Cash Points on every spend of ₹150 with this card (except fuel, wallet reloads, etc).
- You can earn 5x Cash Points on EMI transactions at selected merchant outlets.
- You can earn 10x Cash Points on selected brands including Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Reliance Smart SuperStore, Big Basket, etc.
- For redemption against cashback, 1 Cash Point = ₹0.25.
- You get a renewal benefit of 500 Cash Points every year.
- The renewal fee of ₹500 is waived off on spending ₹50,000 or more in the previous year.
Now as you have checked the detailed features and benefits of both, the Millennia and the Moneyback Plus Credit Card, let us compare these two on the basis of different factors so that you can easily make the right decision:
|Features & Benefits||HDFC Millennia Credit Card||HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||₹1,000 (waived off on annual spend of ₹1 lakh or more in the previous year)||₹500 (waived off on annual spends of ₹50,000 in the previous year)|
|Welcome/Renewal Benefits||1,000 Cash Points (only in the first year)||500 Cash Points (each anniversary year)|
|Other Benefits||Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every quarter.||Nil|
After discussing all the benefits of the two cards and comparing them, you might have come to a decision. None of the two cards can be marked as best for everyone, but individuals can have different requirements and choices. Both of these can be listed among the best credit cards with cashback. On one hand, the Millennia Credit Card comes with an annual fee of ₹1,000, which is higher compared to that of the MoneyBack Plus Card. But, on the other hand, the Millennia Credit Card offers Cash Points with a really good monetary value as 1 Cash Point is equivalent to ₹1 with this card, which is one-fourth (₹0.25) with the MoneyBack Plus Card. Also, the Millennia Card might seem to be a great option for people who love to travel as it offers complimentary lounge access.
Similarly, the MoneyBack Plus Credit Card can also be a choice for those who can fulfill their requirements with this one. It comes with a lower annual fee and hence is a better option for those who look for affordable cards with a decent reward rate. Also, it offers bonus CashPoints every year, unlike the Millennia Card which offers the bonus points only in the first year of card membership.
It is an important thing to understand that everyone has different requirements and hence it is not necessary that if a card seems to be the best option for your friend, it will be the best for you as well. You can have different requirements and spending behavior. If you are looking for a card with a really good cashback rate and travel benefits, you should definitely go with the Millennia Credit Card. However, if you want to go for a low annual fee credit card, choosing the MoneyBack Plus Card will be a wise decision.