With coronavirus and the world on edge, it’s crucial to be online and have an online presence. Many businesses that once managed to survive on referrals and walk-in customers are now at a stand-still. While this has been a devastating time for many businesses and individuals alike, it’s certainly a good time to reassess what’s working and the things that need to be changed.
With digital marketing exploding, brands are taking things up a notch and doing all they can to survive. In this post, we will tell you 7 crucial ways you can grow your business in a COVID-19 era and make it through for the long-haul!
So, let’s get started!
Get a website:
The first step, if you don’t already have one, is to get a website. Most businesses have a website in today’s day and age. However, many companies neglect the fact that your website is the face of your brand. In addition, there is so much potential with a well-optimized and structured website.
Here are a few pointers regarding web design:
- Be sure to hire a professional web design agency and get a great site that looks highlights your brand.
- Make sure your site is fully responsive and optimized for pagespeed.
- Display your NAP on your site properly and consistently.
- Be sure to check all forms on your site so you don’t miss any leads.
- Size photos correctly so that your site doesn’t get penalized for being slow.
- Have numerous, visible CTA’s to entice users to reach out to you.
Put your brand on social media:
This one is another very important step that many people neglect to do. In addition to just getting yourself on mainstream social media sites, you should additionally put yourself on other sites too.
Make sure to include a link to your website and fill out all information to fully optimize your social media account. In addition, you can add a few geo-tagged photos and your logo to take your account to the next level
Some tips regarding using social media marketing:
- Utilize the sites that make sense for your marketing efforts.
- Include links to social media profiles and accounts in the footer of your website.
- Engage with people on social media to be deemed as an authority in your niche.
Google My Business is king:
Google My Business is very important and you should set up a listing if you don’t already have one. For local businesses, showing up in the Google Maps Snack Pack (or 3 Pack) is highly cherished and coveted. And it’s free to sign up on GMB so what are you waiting for? Don’t forget to check our tips to optimize your Google My Business listing.
Some things to keep in mind with your GMB account:
- NAP should be consistent on all directories and your GMB listing.
- Include an SEO optimized description of your business.
- Include up to 3 categories that are relevant and that competitors use.
- Optimize your reviews and be sure to respond accordingly.
- Upload photos, posts, and more to make your profile shine!
Create unbeatable content:
They say Content is King. Well, it is indeed true.
Creating well-written, optimized content, and displaying it on the blog page of your website will do wonders for your online presence. In addition, you can share your blog posts across social media channels for a bigger boost in SEO.
Your content should be written to satisfy user intent. In addition, it should be easy to read and descriptive. Using examples, case studies and media is a great way to inspire a greater amount of interest. The better your content, the more it will be linked by other websites, which will improve your domain authority.
In addition, low-quality content often doesn’t get indexed. So put thought into what you write and how it is connected to your brand. Research trends and topics and write something over 700 words for the best results!
Some tips for content writing:
- Hire professionals to write content.
- Use keywords but be careful not to keyword stuff.
- Use images, infographics, and video embed for better results.
- Use an SEO plugin such as Yoast, The SEO Framework, Rankmath or Ahrefs.
Optimize your brand for growth:
Optimizing your brand is crucial if you want a better online presence. Doing so includes many different things. You will want your on-page optimization to be well thought out and structured properly. In addition, getting links to your site on other sites and Web 2.0 accounts will give your business or brand even more exposure.
When it comes to SEO, you will want to work with a professional for the best results. In doing so, you will reap the rewards and rank at the top of search engines.back to menu ↑
The only way to truly know how you are doing is to track your efforts and monitor results. There are many tools to monitor results across different channels. It all depends on what you’re measuring.
Monitoring the results of your efforts will help in a few important ways. For one, you will know exactly what works for your brand and how to speak to your target audience. In addition to this, monitoring metrics help you to not repeat things that don’t work over and over again.back to menu ↑
Rinse and Repeat:
Repetition and consistency in your efforts will make all the difference to the growth and increased exposure of your online presence. In addition, many people don’t have staying power. This is the step that seems so easy but it’s really where people fall off the wagon. Continually working towards growing your brand is the way to see long-term results. Your company won’t climb to the top of search engines overnight so it’s crucial to be patient and very consistent.back to menu ↑
Growing your brand’s online presence has been a saving grace for many businesses in today’s day and age. With the world’s troubles and diminished abilities to function as it once had, it’s crucial to devote some time to increase the exposure of your brand online.
We hope this post has been helpful in teaching you 7 crucial ways to grow your brand in a COVID-19 era. In addition to that, we hope to hear of your success by using the digital marketing tactics discussed in this post.