Google India organized an AdSense Publisher Meet on Kolkata on 4th August 2016. I was invited to the event, thanks to a friend of mine. I was very lucky to be one of the bloggers attending the Publisher Meet.
Apart from learning useful SEO Strategies, we got to know a lot of other Bloggers from Kolkata, and had a good time spending with them doing fun.
But well, I won’t go into those parts in this post. Here my aim is to deliver what I got to learn. I want to pass on the strategies to you, as recommended by Google, without any further modifications.
Contents: Topics for this Post
First let me list the main topics and say what you can expect from this post:
- Ads Placement Optimizations
- Content Optimizations and Attracting Visitors
- Writing Styles to Follow
- Sources to gather News Content
- Tools for Content Distribution
- Tools for Organizing Content and Increase Productivity
- Tools for Making Interactive Content
- AdSense Policies Explained
- 4 Golden Rules for AdSense Publishers
- AdSense Invalid Click Activity Explained and How to Fix
- Getting Discovered in Search Engines
- Robots.txt Myths Clarified
- Optimization Tips for a Mobile-Friendly Site
- Google Webmaster Myths Clarified
- Is SSL a Ranking Factor?
- Will Downtime affect SERP?
- Will Duplicate Content Penalize website?
- Is Google PageRank Dead?
- What is the optimum Keyword Density?
- …and more!
So, keep reading to discover each and every aspect!
In this post, I will write only what I got to learn from the Google AdSense Publisher Meet. I am not going to elaborate any points or describe it with my own words. Everything I say there are just statements from them 🙂
I wrote this post in the sequence as set on the program. When you are reading it, think as if you are attending the program yourself and knowing these gradually.
Happy Reading! Let’s begin.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Step by Step Tutorial: How to get Blue Verified Badge on Twitter?
Note: What I wrote under third braces ‘[‘ and ‘]’ are my own words, just meant to illustrate the fact said. Other sentences are all directly conveyed by the speakers.
Scope for Content Creation: Lecture by Mr. Vishal:
India is a Multi-lingual country.
Hindi is the most spoken language in India, followed by English (9 Million). Bangla remains as the third most spoken language in India (8.6 Million), Telugu in the 4th (7 Million).
There are 354 Million Mobile Internet Users in India now.
By 2020, 650 Million Indian Users will use Mobile Internet.
Till now, people mainly from urban and semi-urban areas accessed the Internet. But in the upcoming days, people from rural areas will access the internet also.
And day by day, the teenagers are becoming screenagers. [Check out the meaning of screenagers form the link if you don’t know yet.]
Till now, contents were written mainly in English. But as more and more regional people starts using the Internet, there will be a huge demand for contents in regional languages also.
So, there is a huge scope for content creation in regional languages.
Especially if you know regional languages, you can aim for creating a Hindi, Bengali or Telugu Blog.
Create unique contents. Uniqueness is necessary. And create contents without thinking about the audience. [Maybe he meant don’t target a specific audience, create content for all]
Create such influential contents where the audience becomes the brand ambassador and spreads it naturally in the social networks.
There are 125 Million Social Media Users currently.
Around 46% of them share contents across their social networks. So, that’s a tremendous potential.
Do you have any questions?
Q: As you said that creating contents in regional language has huge potential for getting discovered, well, I am a Bengalee, and I create a blog in Bangla. How am I going to monetize it? AdSense isn’t supported yet.
A: Well, good question. I would like to say that we are planning to support more regional languages for AdSense. But we need more blogs on regional languages so that we can target advertisers for the same. The only reason regional languages are not yet supported on Adsense is that there is lack of content in that language. So, start writing on it, and use other ad networks for now. In future, you may see AdSense supported on your regional language.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Error-Free Guide to Setup Facebook Instant Articles on WordPress
Mobile Apps for your Blogs: Features / Benefits by Mr. Jitin:
Smartphone Users spend more time on Apps than on Browsing Web.
So, having a Mobile App for your website / blog is always a plus point to gain targetted traffic.
There are 5 Stages you should consider while stepping your foot on Mobile App.
- Design and UI
- Changes and Updates
- Discovery and User Acquisition
- Engagement and User Retention
Push Notification is an important aspect for any Mobile app to gain the user’s attention.
3 out of 4 Apps on your mobile are not used by you. We only use 25% of our installed apps. So push notifications are an important reminder to engage the person into the app.
Progressive Web Apps are another approach. Example: Flipkart Lite.
Progressive Web Apps provide an app-like interface on a mobile web browser.
They can also be optionally added to home screen and directly launched.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 7 effective ways to advertise on Facebook
Ad Placements Optimization by Mr. Ankit:
Often we just place ads randomly and not test the proper ad placement areas.
Many audiences also have Banner-Blindness, which means they completely ignore banner ads. [Check out the Wikipedia Link for Banner-Blindness to know more about it]
Consider the following scenario:
There are usually 3 ads per page. Say first ad is on the top right sidebar of a blog which gets no clicks at all, the second ad is at the middle of the blog which gets the highest clicks and the 3rd ad is at the end of the content.
When a visitor loads a webpage, the ads are called from Google Servers. The Ad with the highest bid is displayed at first, followed by the second and third highest.
So, according to our scenario, the top right sidebar ad loads first with the highest cpc, but fails to get much clicks. Whereas the 2nd or 3rd ad gets more clicks.
To solve these we need to rigorously test our ad-placement areas.
4 Things should be considered while creating an Ad:
Manual A/B Ad Placement Testing has one major fault. Consider the following scenario:
On December last week you placed an ad on some position. On January first week you changed placement areas and measured your income from the two weeks.
You saw your December Last Week Income is more. So you think that the December Ad Placement is the best position.
But in reality, this may be false. Your January Ad Placement position may be better than December.
Because, in both our tests, we didn’t keep ‘Time’ constant.
In December, ads bidding rate is high. In January it falls.
So, naturally, you got higher rates due to that fact.
So, while testing an ad placement position, you need to keep the time constant.
In other words, you need to run A/B tests parallelly at the same time.
You can achieve that using AdPushup [adpushup.com], a tool guaranteed to increase your AdSense Revenue.
Everything is automated there and optimized. You sign up, place ads, and it will auto-change positions in real time and find out the best position and keep it there.
You can maximize your monthly revenue to a large extent using AdPushup.
Do you have any Questions?
Q: Well, what is the pricing for AdPushup Service?
A: We take a part of your AdSense Incomes. And it depends on the blog. We fix the pricing by directly getting in touch with the publisher only. There is not a flat rate as all blogs aren’t earning the same. And we don’t want to burden the bloggers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How to Become a Google Local Guide and Get Rewarded?
Content Optimization and Attracting Visitors by Mr. Rachit Malik:
Writing Styles to Follow:
Write in Simple, Non-Complicated Words. It should be short and concise. [Because you need to target audiences from all level, so using difficult words won’t help]
Provide a ‘unique angle’ to your topics. [Many people may write the same topics, so you need to play smart and become ‘unique’]
For example, Man goes to the hospital for kidney transplant, comes out as a woman.
No matter what the topic may contain, every person who sees this kind of heading is bound to click and view it.
Try to compile a cluster of subjects and write a list post based on it. For example: Ten Lies your doctor tells you.
We trust doctors for our health. So, if we find out that even doctors tell us lies, then we will be keen to find it out.
Do not chase perfection. [You don’t need to write 100% perfect articles, just keep on writing, you will improve yourself day by day.]
Put up more and more visual content: Sliders, Infographics, Tables. [They grab more of our attention.]
Ensure a right mix of original content and curated content. [Check out the Wikipedia Link to know the meaning of curated content if you don’t.]
Write posts with ‘How to…’ query. They gets a lot of responses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 70+ WPMUDEV Premium Plugins + Themes FREE Download
Sources of Gathering News Contents:
Set up Google Alerts on your topic of interest. It will alert you about new stuff as it comes in the news.
[I found the Google Alerts the best way to develop news articles for your blog.]
Set up LinkedIn Networking with thought leaders. They share interesting info on their networks.
Feedly [feedly.com] and Pulse [linkedin.com/pulse] are two other sources for getting updated.
Quora [quora.com] offers a broad range of topics which you can choose to write on your blog.
Tools for Content Distribution:
- Buffer [buffer.com]
- Slideshare [slideshare.net]
- Mailchimp [mailchimp.com]
- PHPList.com [phplist.com]
- Bundlr [bundlr.com]
Tools for Organizing Content / Increasing Productivity:
- Trello [trello.com]
- MindNote [mindnote.com]
- Wunderlist [wunderlist.com]
- Pocket [getpocket.com]
Tools for Making Content Interactive:
- Thinglink [thinglink.com]
- PowToon [powtoon.com]
- UberFlip [uberflip.com]
- Timeline JS [timeline.knightlab.com]
Tools for Creating Infographics:
- Piktochart [piktochart.com]
- Venngage [venngage.com]
- Visually [visual.ly]
- Easelly [easel.ly]
- Infogram [infogr.am]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Blogosphere: Boost your Facebook Traffic by 500% for FREE
Post Headlines: Types of Headlines:
Headlines and Meta Description are the only window to your content from search engines and social networks.
So, the better you frame your headlines, the more views you will be able to get.
Create unique and attractive headlines, to stay different from other sites and grab the visitor’s attention.
Types of Headlines you can use for your posts:
- Controversial Headlines [8 Lies your Doctor tells you]
- Direct Headlines [Tips to make money online – Guaranteed]
- Intriguing Headlines [Why 40-year-old tech is still running America’s air-traffic control?]
- Productive Headlines [How to create an eye-catching infographic in 3 minutes?]
Make List Posts:
They are very popular among visitors and have endless appeal.
Example: Top 10 Unsolved Mysteries
You can get more views by adding extra lines like ‘Top 10 Unsolved Mysteries: 5th One is scary.’
So no matter what happens, they will scroll till the 5th one for sure.
Youtube has a significant potential as a traffic source that can help you earn lots.
Here is how to leverage videos online:
- Write super-long video descriptions. Search engines like Google lean heavily on the text surrounding the video to understand your video’s topic.
- Use annotations to prompt users to be your subscriber or give directions. They can’t drive viewers to more content, increase community actions on your videos, and attract new customers.
- Leverage Online Communities like LinkedIn and Quora to provide an answer or a perspective using your YouTube video.
- Video Content Types: How To’s, Product Reviews, Collections, etc.
Use Memes; they act as an attention driver very well. 🙂
People has lots of queries to ask, which is why they go to search engines for answers.
FAQs on your site about various things can increase traffic to a great extent.
- FAQs should be well-structured and informative. Answers provided should be genuine.
- Useful answers will increase visitors’ duration, thereby helping increase the authority of your page and people will also tend to bookmark useful pages.
Measure your Post Engagements:
- Comments on Articles on Website or Social Media.
- Social Media Shares and Tweets.
- Duration of Stay on your articles.
- Heat Maps: Tools such as Crazy Egg allow you to view scroll maps (where, how much, and how far people scrolled and heat maps where people click)
- Conversions: Number of Downloads, Newsletter subscriptions, survey or poll participation, online purchase, etc.
- Find profitable niches and untapped keywords.
- Build Communities on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ Community.
- Launch contests, Reward Fans.
- Give Freebies such as e-books to boost your subscriber list.
- Put some of your killer presentations on document sharing sites such as Slideshare.
- Leverage trending topics (Eg: Odd-Even rule, RIO Olympics, GST Budgets, World Cup, IPL etc.)
- Leverage names of personalities or famous companies. (Eg: Indian Startup Pluggx aims to be the Apple of the smart home industry)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Best WordPress Web Hosting 2016: Compared & Reviewed
Configuring AdSense with Analytics by Mrs. Swati:
Data is everything. [You cannot improve your results without the help of in-depth analytics data]
40% Bounce Rate is the limit. You should not exceed that at any scenario. If your bounce rate is more, than you are doing it wrong.
You can use Nabler [nabler.com] for accessing deep analytics and learning user behavior, which will increase your productivity in the long run.
AdSense Policy by Mr. Prateek:
There remains an interconnection between Publisher, Advertiser, and User.
The success of AdSense and AdWords is tied to the success of Publishers, Advertisers, and Users.
What Measures are Taken by Google regarding AdSense Policies?
Its the duty of Google to protect their ad network from invalid click activity, low-quality content, and other policy violations.
AdSense Policy: Reporting
- Classifiers: Algorithmic Detection
- Proactive: Monitor Sites and Traffic
- Reactive: Review Reports submitted by users / advertisers
AdSense Policy: Actions from Google
There is a branched classification for the measures taken by Google regarding AdSense Policies.
Site Warning is given for mild errors which can be easily resolved by the webmaster.
Effect: 72 Hours are given to make changes, or the site is disabled.
Site Disabling is done if the site is found to be violating adsense criteries with an intention to cheat / changes cannot be done on the site to make it correct.
Effect: Ads are disabled on site immediately.
AdSense Account Based Actions:
Account warning is given if mild errors are found which can be resolved quickly.
Effect: Make changes to prevent an account from being disabled.
Account Suspension is done for a one-time serious policy violations which can be fixed.
Effect: No ads will be shown for 30 days.
Account Disabling is done if the account is found not complying with Adsense criteria with an intention to cheat / can’t be resolved.
Effect: Publisher may not participate in AdSense at all. Permanently Banned.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Premium Tricks by IftiSEO (PTI): The Best Bloggers Community
4 Golden Rules for AdSense Publishers:
You should follow these 4 Golden Rules to stay safe from AdSense Policy Violations:
- Always have a good quality website
- Always read and understand the AdSense Policies
- Always monitor the traffic sources
- Always take prompt action on any Policy Notifications via email.
What is a High-Quality Content?
We always say write quality content. But what is the exact definition of a ‘quality content’? How can you say that it is a Quality Content?
There are 3 satisfying criterias for judging a quality content:
- Valuable: Your content must be rich, original and organic
- Family Safe: You should not feel embarrassed to share your content with your child
- Legitimate: Your content or service should be consistent
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Guide: How to Create a Verified PayPal Account for India?
Content Writing Guidelines:
- Provide users with high quality, rich content
- Attribute articles and artwork to particular authors and creators
- Avoid galleries with no content other than compilations of images, videos or memes.
- Use a custom design for each site. Avoid using the same template for multiple, unrelated site.
- Ensure that users can clearly differentiate ads from Content.
- Ads should be placed on pages with precise navigation.
- Avoid placing ads on ‘Thank You’ or dead end pages.
- Avoid placing ads next to navigational elements to prevent user-confusion
Not Allowed Topics:
- Nudity or pornography
- Sheer clothing, strategically covered nudity
- Sexually gratifying ‘stuff’
- Fetish or adult toys
- Adult language links or comments
- Extreme profanity
- Unauthorized Filesharing (ie Copyrighted material)
- Pages with Pirated content
- Pages with Framed content from other sites
- Pages that direct traffic or link to pirated content
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 10 Ways to Boost your Blog Content Writing with Grammarly
Ads Placement Policies:
Encourating Accidental Clicks:
Publishers should not implement the ads in a way that ads might be mistaken for other site content, such as a menu or navigation.
Placing Ads under misleading headers:
Publishers may only label ads with either “Advertisements” or “Sponsored Links”. No other variations are permitted.
Having site layouts that push content below the fold:
Publishers should avoid site designs in which the ads push content below the fold. These designs make it hard for users to distinguish between the content and ads.
Ads on Thank You, Exit, login or Error Pages:
Publishers are not permitted to place ads on any non-content-based pages like thank you, error, login or exit pages.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 8 Premium Android Apps to Get Unlimited VPN for FREE
AdSense Invalid Click Activity Explained:
Invalid Click Activity consists of any Clicks or Impressions that may artificially inflate an advertiser’s costs or a publisher’s earnings, and for which we [Google] decide not to charge the advertiser.
Common Types of Invalid Activity:
- Clicking on own ads
- Encouraging users to click on ads
- Paid to click
- Automated programs designed to click on ads (bots)
How to Fix Invalid Click Activity:
The only way to fix is to identify which traffic source your click is coming from and blocking it.
Segment your Traffic Sources:
- Use custom channels to identify specific parts of ad traffic and monitor their performance as compared to other ad units.
- Use URL Channels to track how your ads are doing on different parts of the site.
Use Google Analytics for deeper investigations:
- Create custom URLs for various campaigns using URL Builder
- To ensure better reporting on specific campagns use custom URLs in the newsletter or G+ page.
AdSense Policy Violation Notification:
If your AdSense account has policy violation then you shall be able to find a red bar on the Homepage of your Account as well as email.
4 Steps to do after getting a Policy Violation Notification:
- Read the Notification Email
- Go Through the policy page
- Fix Violation
- Submit Appeal
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Updraftplus: Automatic WordPress + Database Backup Plugin
Getting Discovered in Search Engines by Mr. Bakshi:
So far the most interactive and informative session was from Mr. Bakshi, who alone gave us back to back awesome information for SEO and clarified all our doubts.
Read this part very carefully.
You will understand the search engine behavior from the root. And it will help you a lot in SEO.
I can guarantee you that you shall learn something new from this section at least.
Four Steps to Getting Discovered in Search:
- Accessibility: be technically sound
- Value: Appear in Search
- Display: Attract Users
- Great User Experience: Convert
Robots.txt Myths and Confusions Clarified:
Robots.txt sets the behavior for search engine bots. It instructs the search engines whether to crawl a site or not.
A text file where you can write rules for search engines about which parts of your site they may access.
Not necessarily all search engine bots will respect the instructions set by Robots.txt, but good bots like GoogleBot surely does.
Having Robots.txt file on your Blog is not compulsory at all. In fact, it is recommended not to keep any robots.txt file at all if not required.
By default, Googlebot will index your website if you don’t have a robots.txt, but if you have a misconfigured robots.txt file, then Googlebot can’t read it, and it abandons indexing your site altogether.
So, better not to keep a robots.txt file than having a misconfigured file. The latter can be harmful to your blog, and your blog may not get indexed at all.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Enable Wifi Hotspot on Laptop for Free: NO ROUTER NEEDED
Stages of Showing your Blog in Search Engines / SERP:
- You publish content with a headline and meta description.
- GoogleBot visits your site.
- GoogleBot reads your robots.txt file.
- If your site is blocked by robots.txt or not accessible, GoogleBot quits your site.
- If your site is available by robots.txt or there is no robots.txt file at all, Google tries to crawl into all the pages of your website.
- After all, your webpages are crawled by Google; it instructs GoogleBot-Mobile to crawl the webpages for the mobile version.
- After crawling for all pages is done, Googlebot indexes your links on Search Engine.
These are the 7 stages for your website to show in search engine.
[Notice that two terms are used: Crawling and Indexing. Many people does not know what are they or the difference between the two. I would recommend them to read this article on ShoutMeLoud about Crawling Vs Indexing in SEO. You will know them in details and your confusion will be cleared.]
Using Multiple Languages: Myths and Confusions Clarified:
If your blog has multiple languages or runs on regional languages, you need to take care of it so that your site shows up on Google.
For Regional Languages, Google Recommends using Unicode Fonts. [Check out the WikiPedia Link to know more about Unicode Fonts]
- Main content is in a single language and only the template translated
- Small regional variations with similar content in a single language
- Fully Translated
[Check out the Article from Moz Blog to know in details about the Hreflang Tags and How to Implement them]
Here’s a simple example of using Hreflang Tag to display English and Hindi content:
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://en.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="hi" href="http://hi.example.com/" />
An Open Source Fonts Engine is Google Fonts. You can use that to write your fonts in any language and then use it on your site. It is based on Unicode font and guarantees your site will be crawled by Google.
Here is a simple example of using Google Fonts one line code:
<html> <head> <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com /css?family=Noto+Sans&subset=latin, devanagari' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'> ...header content... ...header content... ...header content... </head> <body> ...body content... ...body content... ...body content... </body> </html>
Best Optimization Tips to Make a Mobile-Friendly Site:
- Configure Viewport [Google it if you don’t understand]
- Use Vary Tag [Google it if you don’t understand]
- Add Bi-Directional Annotation [Google it if you don’t understand]
- Take care of Redirects [Avoid too many redirections]
- Avoid Unsupported Plugins (Like Flash Plugins)
- Add Summaries under videos or pics so that the webpage can be crawled
- Optimize your site for human fingers (Tightly Packed Links are hard to touch on small screens) 7mm (or 48 CSS) is a safe space to maintain in between clickable links on mobile web. 5mm is good for footer links which do not get clicked often.
- Use appropriate base font size (16 Pixels is the standard size)
- Use default browser CSS line-height of 1.2 cm.
- Add appropriate line-spacing
- Don’t Block Resources [JS/CSS etc] If you block resources like JS/CSS, your site UI may break. Also, Google can’t determine whether your site is mobile friendly if you block them, as the mobile friendly codes are added as resources.
- Be Fast: Pagespeed is a ranking factor (40% Users leave a site if a site does not load under 3 seconds)
- Use Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) [g.co/amp and g.co/ampdemo are links you can follow]
3 Tools for Ensuring a Good Experience and Avoiding Bad Practices:
- Mobile-Friendly Test [https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/]
- Mobile Usability Tool [https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-usability]
- Pagespeed Insights [https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Blogmint Review: How I earned 100$ writing Sponsored Posts
Google WebMaster Myths and Confusions Clarified:
‘Duplicate Contents will Penalize Website.’
NO. It won’t.
Till now there are 130 trillion webpages indexed on Google. And it was found that about 60-65% of the content are duplicated content.
So, should Google penalize 60% of the worldwide web? Nope.
Don’t worry about duplicate content within your site.
‘Using Google Products will Help or Harm Website.’
Neither. It won’t help, nor it will harm.
The technologies behind a website are less relevant and the content
All Google Products are independent of each other. They are made to help us.
Again, there are other products outside of Google which are unique too.
Use whichever product is best suited for you.
Your site won’t be boosted on Google, neither will it be harmed if you use Google Products.
‘Pagerank is Dead / is Everything.’
No. Pagerank is neither dead nor everything.
PageRank is the measure of the quantity and the quality of links to a page.
Many people consider that in 2016, Pagerank is no more a ranking factor.
But it is false.
Google still uses Pagerank an important aspect for ranking.
But at the same time it should be kept in mind that Pagerank is not everything. There are 200 of other ranking factors responsible for it.
[If you want to know in details about the Google Ranking Factors, have a look at the 200 Google Ranking Factors article at Backlinko. You will get a clear cut idea.]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 10 Unputdownable WordPress Plugins you must Install
‘Link Building is Essential for SEO’
It’s a big No. And in reality, there is no term called Link Building.
Your backlinks should be natural. [It should not be looking like natural, it should be natural only, meaning, you don’t need to build natural-looking links.]
Ideally, we should not create backlinks for our content. It should occur in the opposite direction.
If other bloggers find our article good enough, then they should link it back from their sites. This is a natural linking.
We all do blog commenting, guest posting, etc. all of them are wrong ethically. It changes the meaning of backlinks entirely.
‘2-3% Keyword Density is Standard.’
I [Mr. Bakshi referring to himself] don’t know who taught this SEO fact initially, but this rumor keeps on spreading from one person to another.
There is no term such as Keyword Density. Its coined by some so-called SEO Gurus.
Is Google a Machine or a Robot that you fix a density of keywords and expect your posts to get ranked?
Suppose you are reading today’s newspaper. You find on an article some keyword is repeated again and again in every line. You will lose interest and become frustrated.
[You need milk, sugar and tea to make a tea. A good tea should smell like tea only. If you can’t make a tea, here’s a process to make your tea a good tea. For making tea, you should always follow this tea-recipe and impress others with your tea… See as you read this article, the word tea comes again and again and ruins your mood as you read.]
Don’t write for bots. Write for humans.
Your flow of writing should be natural. Then check your keywords later.
You can also use synonyms to your keywords.
Not all people browses the same thing. Including more and more keyword variations will increase the chances of your content to get discovered.
Focus on content. Focus on Brand. Focus on your Audience while writing your post.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 10 Tips to decorate your blog post?
‘Shared IP Address / Shared Hosting will cause Problems.’
The reason is that Google never looks for similar sites hosted on same IP address while ranking your article.
In fact, it does not look at all pages of your blog at all.
It accesses your articles on page-level. [Meaning, your site is a collection of webpages to Google and it treats each webpage independently]
So, even if you are in a shared environment and one of the sites on that shared ip is non-compliant with Google, it won’t have any effect on your site.
‘Incorrect Sitemap will Result in Manual Action.’
Nope. It won’t.
In fact, Google does not require your sitemap for indexing your website.
Still, they recommend you to submit you to submit your sitemap so that it understands your site structure better and can crawl your site without errors.
Sitemap helps Google to find all your published posts and upcoming posts so that it can come and crawl it.
If there is an error in the sitemap, it will notify you in webmaster, but rest assured, it won’t harm your rankings on Google.
Googlebot will still try to crawl and index your website.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Tutorial: How to Watch 3d Videos with VLC Media Player?
Other Questions Discussed:
Is SSL a Ranking Factor?
[I asked this issue personally as I get this from a lot of friends and there are mixed opinions about it. I needed to get an opinion directly from Google. So, here’s their response:]
YES. SSL is important and stands as a ranking factor as well.
Many people thinks SSL is only required for sites dealing with sensitive or private information like Credit Card details etc, but well, it is also very important for all other general websites as well.
SSL is necessary irrespective of the type of site.
Without SSL enabled, hackers can gain access to the behaviour of your visitors like where they are coming from, where they are going, which ads they prefer etc.
To protect this, you should add SSL.
SSL is the future of security. Every big website is moving towards SSL you should also think about it and switch to SSL if you haven’t yet.
Will any SSL Work? Like Free SSL from Cloudflare?
Yes, it will work.
What free ssl like cloudflare does is it creates a boundary between your visitor and your server. Your server to Cloudflare boundary (that is the backend) is not protected by ssl. But cloudflare to the visitor (that is the frontend) is protected by ssl. And it works equally well.
Only the frontend where the visitor is interacting should be SSL Protected. And any SSL provider which can protect it should function without any issues.
Suppose My site goes down for a day without my notice. Will I lose SERP?
[I asked this question since HiTricks is currently hosted at Digital Ocean VPS and I need to check if the site is up every now and then. Here’s their response:]
Why do you even think about it?
Think only of your website. Try to fix it asap and bring it live and forget other stuff.
For crawling, indexing and ranking, Google is there for you. Don’t worry about it.
If you write quality content, you are bound to get ranked.
Another blogger shared his experience of facing downtime for 7 days continuously. Still, he made that live and worked on it, and it got back its position.
So, I guess the answer is ‘yes’ though they didn’t specify it directly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 5 Alternatives to Google Play Store: Get Paid Apps for Free
Google Webmaster Help Forums and Communities:
Well, we have almost reached the end of the article. Here I am giving you some official Google Webmaster Help Forums and communities recommended by Google.
I want to thank Google India a lot for giving me an opportunitity so spend some hours with them and discuss the best SEO Practices and getting actionable tips from them directly.
I am happy to be a participant of the first ever AdSense Publisher Meet organized in Kolkata. They never organized any Publisher Meet in Kolkata beforehand.
Here’s a snapshot of the Kolkata Royal Bengal Bloggers 😀 [Click Here to Find Us on Facebook]
The book contains fantastic information regarding Google AdSense and has actionable tips to improve your Ad Revenues.
I made the book available for you all as a soft copy ebook in pdf format. You can Download it from below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How to Get Reliance Jio Preview Offer on your Android Device?
Download Free Ebook: Google AdSense Revenue Secrets Revealed
This Ebook is published by AdPushup team. Go check it out.
You can either Download It or Read Online, whatever you wish.
Read Online: Google AdSense Revenue Secrets Revealed
Download Now: Google AdSense Revenue Secrets Revealed.pdf – 9.3 MB
That’s all. I tried to recreate the day to the best I could. I think it was an amazing experience for you all reading through the lines.
I would appreciate if you can share this article with your friends and let them know about these recommendations directly from Google. Use the social share buttons please. 🙂
Thanks for reading my article on Google Adsense Publisher Meet, Kolkata. It was held on 4th August 2016 at The Park Hotel.
Do comment your feedbacks below. I am eager to read it.
See you soon with something interesting. Till then have a look at my other articles.