Have you ever heard about an app that uses your spare changes to save and invest at the same time?
Well, there is an app available in the market named Spenny. Currently, it is available only for Android but soon it will be available for iOS too.
Now you might think about what Spenny does?
The idea of the Spenny app is pretty much straightforward. Whenever you do any transaction, Spenny will roundup your amount to the nearest Rs 10 and invest it into a diversified portfolio automatically. You will not even feel that you’re paying something extra but those small investments will become large after a certain amount of time.
Spenny has a low-risk profile and offers a return of 7.6% since inception which is also 2X compared to savings bank accounts. In today’s post, we will have a look at Spenny App and its features, and we have also written a step-by-step guide on how you can get started with the Spenny app to earn money on spare change.
Before we begin, let me invite you to our Finance Discussion Community on Facebook: FinTalks. Here we share our experiences and discuss queries related to banking, debit cards, and credit cards, mutual funds, stock markets, and more. We started in September 2020, and at the time of writing this post in February 2021, we have over 5k members. A lot of offers and discounts related to credit cards are also discussed here. Click Here to Join FinTalks.
Here’s an overview:
How To Earn Money On Spare Changes Using Spenny?
1. First of all, Download the Spenny App From Google Play Store.
2. Now Install and open the Spenny app.
3. After login with your Google account you will be redirected to the dashboard of the app. Simply click on the Finish Setup tab to get started with Spenny.
4. Now you need to enter your mobile number and verify it with OTP.
5. After that enter your PAN Card number and click on the Continue tab.
6. Now enter your personal details such as DOB, Gender, Marital Status, and Residence and click on the Continue tab.
7. After that enter your KYC Details such as Occupation, Source of Wealth, and Annual Income and click on the Continue Tab.
8. Now in the Address Information field enter your permanent address correctly and click on the Continue tab.
9. After following the above steps correctly you will be asked to enter your Bank account details.
10. Simply enter your bank’s IFSC Code and then enter your bank account number which you want to link with the Spenny app.
11. Simply click on the Continue tab and you will be redirected to the dashboard of the app.
How To Activate Roundup To Automatically Invest Your Spare Changes
1. Open the Spenny app and click on the Activate button.
2. Now select your multiplier amount. Suppose if your transaction amount is Rs 73 then Spenny will make it Rs 80 (Nearest 10) and Rs 7 will be invested in the mutual funds.
Note: You can select your multiplier from 1X, 2X, 3X, 5X, and 10X and click on Apply button.
3. After that verify your Email with OTP.
4. Make sure to read the Mandate before submitting it.
5. Finally click on Submit button and that’s how you can set up your Spenny account.
Note: We are not responsible for any kind of harm and misuse using this app. We are just providing info about the Spenny app to set up your account. To be on the safe side you can use your secondary bank account (Paytm Payments Bank, Airtel Payments Bank, etc) to signup on to the Spenny app.
Frequently Asked Question:
1. Which banks are supported?
Spenny supports all the major banks such as HDFC, ICICI, Axis, SBI, BoB, Kotak, and other known banks as well. You can check the same on their official website.
2. Why do I need to invest the initial Rs.100?
Since Spenny uses your money to invest in ICICI Prudential Mutual Funds which requires Rs 100 minimum investment. After the initial Rs 100, you can invest as low as Rs 1.
3. Where is my money invested?
Spenny will invest your money in ICICI Prudential Liquid Mutual Fund. You will get a 7.6% return on your investments. In the future, Spenny will add more mutual funds to diversify your portfolio.
4. How & when can I withdraw my money?
The best thing is that you can withdraw your money anytime from the Spenny app. Whenever you want to withdraw simply click on the Withdraw tab on the home screen and Spenny will transfer your funds into your bank account.
5. Which transactions would be rounded up?
The transaction which you do on day to day basis from Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI Apps, Netbanking, Online Transaction on Zomato, Uber, Amazon, etc and ATM Withdrawals amount will get Rounded up to the nearest Rs 10 using Spenny. In simple words, all your normal transactions will get rounded up using Spenny.
So this is all about Spenny App. We have mention how you can earn money on spare changes using Spenny. Good thing is that you don’t even feel that you are saving something because Spenny will cuts a very less amount from your day-to-day transactions and invest it into a diversified portfolio.
If you still have any doubts and suggestions regarding this post then feel free to ask us in the comment section. We would love to helps you as soon as possible. Also, don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest tech updates.