Earlier in October 2021, Microsoft gave us all a brief look at the Windows subsystem based on android for Windows 11, when they released the first build on their beta channel. However, the android facilities come to Windows users without the support of Google officially, which also means that there are no Google services such as Google Play Store, available for Windows 11 yet. But, Microsoft has associated with Amazon to integrate its Amazon App store with windows 11. But the list of android apps available on the Amazon App Store is way limited as compared to the Google Play Store. And also the location and region of your PC should be set to the United States of America and you will need a USA-based amazon.com account to be able to use the latest Amazon App Store as new beta features in your Windows 11 PC or Subsystem for Android.
But there are some methods to bypass the region-based restrictions with Amazon App Store on Windows Subsystem for android. It is easily possible to sideload Android application packages through ADB in Windows 11. The best feature of the Android subsystem for windows 11 is that it allows the users to install almost all android applications without changing the device settings of their Windows PC. The process is very similar to sideloading, but need to be familiar with CLI(command line interface) or command prompt.
But if in case you don’t want to use the command prompt, then we have found some other easy ways to get the work done to bypass the region lock, so that the user can download and enjoy the Android applications on their Windows 11 PC seamlessly. After this, you won’t need to use a VPN or change your region settings to download the android apps using Amazon app Store on your PC.
Prerequisites Before We Begin:
Before we get started, remember this article is best for those who have already installed the windows subsystem for android on their Windows 11 PC. If you have not installed it yet, then don’t worry, you can go through our detailed posts. The links are given below:
- What is Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA)?
- How to enable Hyper-V Virtual Machine on Windows 11?
- Step by Step Guide: How to install Windows Subsystem for Android?
- How to Install Amazon Appstore on Windows Subsystem for Android?
- How to Install Android Apps on Windows Subsystem for Android with WSA PacMan?
- How to sideload Android apps on Windows Subsystem for Android?
How to bypass Amazon AppStore region lock on Windows Subsystem for android?
As soon as you install the Windows Subsystem for android on your PC, you will see the Amazon Appstore in your start menu. The shortcut in the menu will lead you to the Android app version of the store, and you will have to login into it with your Amazon account details.
But in just the next step of the process, the non-US region users will be notified that “the Amazon Appstore is not currently available in your country.”
The issue is simple, and so is the solution to this issue. To overcome this issue, you need to follow the steps given below:
1. Make sure that the Windows subsystem for android is running without any interrupts in your PC and it can be accessed through ADB. ADB is the Android Debugging Bridge tool.
2. Download the latest available version of the Amazon Appstore as an APK
3. Sideload the APK file with the use of ADB using the -r parameter. This replaces the existing application build of the Amazon Appstore from your Windows Subsystem and the new build you have downloaded just a step above.
Command: adb install -r <full_path_to_the_APK_file>
4. Now try to open the Amazon Appstore from the start menu shortcut on your PC, you will be able to open and install the apps from the Appstore available for use on Windows Subsystem for Android by Microsoft in Windows 11.
Install Windows Subsystem for Android
- Download the Windows Subsystem for android from here.
- You may need to allow the file as safe for your PC, as the browser may try to warn you being the file unsafe.
- After downloading it, open Windows PowerShell (Admin) option it will open the PowerShell window on the screen.
- Enter the command below to install the Windows Subsystem for Android on your PC:
Command: Add-AppxPackage-Path <full_path_to_the_APK_file>
- Press Enter.
- Now, wait till the installation process is completed. Once the installation is done, you will see the Windows Subsystem for Android feature along with other windows applications in your Start menu.
That is all about How to Bypass Amazon App store Region Lock on Windows Subsystem for Android? If you are having any issues or queries about the topic, tell us in the comments section below. We are here to help you.
Thanks for reading. I will be back soon with another interesting update. Keep visiting HiTricks. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest tech updates.