Welcome to HiTricks! Here in this session, we will learn: Blogger vs WordPress: What is better? As you have made up your mind to start blogging, you will at first come across the two giant blogging softwares, Blogger, and WordPress. You have to choose one between them before starting blogging. This is the base and this decides the future of your blog. Here we are discussing the advantages of blogger and wordpress.
In our previous session, we discussed: How to Blog? There we gave a brief idea about blogging and why should you choose to blog.
Before discussing the advantages, you should know how these two websites work.
How does WordPress Work?
WordPress is your blogging software. You can use your domain name, and set up your user-friendly website, having tons of customizations of your own, and aided with thousands of useful add-ons called plugins that help you manage the site. In a word, it’s a complete solution to everything you need for blogging. All expert bloggers use wordpress for blogging because wordpress is professional as well. A wordpress site will give an attractive look, will be user-friendly, optimized for mobile viewing, seo friendly, etc. But in wordpress, you need hosting for your blog.
What is Hosting?
Hosting is the space on the web to host all the articles and contents you upload on your blog. Without hosting, a wordpress will not work. Generally, people do not choose wordpress for this hosting, it costs money, but, on HiTricks, we will provide 100% Free Hosting for LifeTime! Choose your domain name and you are good to go!
How does Blogger work?
Blogger is a blogging website created by Google itself, to help newbie bloggers with free web hosting via google. You know that each new google account gives you 15GB of free storage space for storing your emails, google drive articles, etc. Google utilizes this 15GB space to offer free hosting to its bloggers. So if you have your domain, you can link it with blogger and start blogging.
Blogger vs WordPress: What should you choose?
Now you need to decide what should you choose between blogger and wordpress. Well, surprisingly, wordpress has got many more facilities than the blogger has got. For a person to become successful he must start from wordpress. The advantages of wordpress are mentioned below:
1. Own your website: In blogger, you get a .blogspot domain to start, which you can rename afterward and keep your url, but the property you are using is of google. Remember, you are using that free 15GB Google storage that it gives to all. So Google owns the site. If Google suspects anything on your website, they will chop off your site permanently. There are many bloggers whose site got banned and deleted by google sue for various reasons. But in wordpress, you own your property, nobody can ever delete your property. This can be of immense benefit for long term blogs.
2. SEO: The full form of SEO is Search Engine Optimization. It is a way of customizing your website to get more search engine attention than the others. More easily, to crawl up in the search engine results. When you search for anything on google, you will see some websites come to the topmost position in the search results. Gradually over time, you tend to remember those site names and often choose those sites as your reference. These sites are optimized to come to the top of the search results. It is very hard to optimize a post on one’s own. In blogger, we get no tools for that, but in wordpress, we get thousands of seo tools to fully optimize our content.
3. High-Quality Website: WordPress gives you the power to build your dream website equipped with tons of themes, layouts, fonts, plugin addons, etc that make your blogging life easier. As we said, wordpress is entirely made for blogging, so it has the tools for efficient blogging.
4. Adsense: Earn Money: Adsense is a program by Google to show ads on your blog, in turn of which you get paid when anyone clicks your ads. It needs a one-time approval procedure to begin. Unfortunately, being a Google product itself, google hardly approves bloggers for the AdSense program. As google blogger is free, thousands of bloggers make an average blog and tend to get approvals for their site. Due to this enormous competitions, google rejects almost every AdSense requests.
On the other hand, if you are on self-hosted wordpress, getting AdSense approval becomes easiest. For some unknown reason, a good wordpress blog always gets AdSense approval where a better blogger blog couldn’t manage an AdSense for months!
5. More: There are more reasons where wordpress gets priority over bloggers. Like, you can optimize images of your blog, you can make a subdomain of your domain. After getting our domain name, we can create as many subdomains as we like and do what we wish. You won’t get the idea of the degree of freedom you get on wordpress.
So, we have compared wordpress vs blogger and gave you an overall idea of both. We also pointed out the advantages of wordpress. Hope you have liked it.
In our Next Session, we will discuss:
1. Prerequisites for starting blogging career with wordpress.
2. Step by step guide to starting your blog with wordpress.
3. Do you have a google blogger? Avail free hosting and import your blog to wordpress with our step by step guide.
4. Start your blog: We are beside you!
Thank you for reading. Do share our article if you like it. Keep visiting.