Have you already taken the COVID Vaccination in India?
Even if you have registered on CoWIN for vaccination slot booking and certificate generation, and used a different ID Proof like Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, etc., you can now easily add your Passport No to your Indian COVID Vaccination certificate.
This will be very helpful especially if you want to travel abroad and you are not sure whether your vaccination certificate will be accepted over there without your passport number.
In today’s post, I will walk you through the entire process of adding your passport number to your covid vaccination certificate. Don’t worry, it will take only 5 minutes and happens seamlessly. Here’s an overview:
Passport No on your Vaccination Certificate:
Who is this for?
- If you have to travel abroad in the next few months.
- If you have registered on CoWIN with any ID proof other than your Passport Number.
- If you have already taken the vaccination (either first dose, or both the doses) and if your certificate is generated.
Why is this necessary?
- A lot of countries are demanding vaccination certificates from foreign nationals to enter their territory.
- Having your passport number on your vaccination certificate will make your immigration easy and smooth since your Passport is the most important identity proof abroad.
Points to Note:
- This will modify your existing vaccination certificate, replacing your current ID with Passport. Your old certificate will become invalid.
- You can only request modifications on your certificate once. The change is permanent.
- In case you have registered on CoWIN with any other ID proof and not yet taken the vaccine as of now, don’t worry. You can take the first dose of vaccine first, and apply for the change afterward.
- You can add your Passport details anytime you want. Your certificate will be generated instantly and you may print it out then and there.
Okay, shall we begin?
Step by Step Guide to Add your Passport on CoWIN:
I am assuming you have already taken your COVID Vaccine and have your certificate (dose 1 or 2) generated already. Here you go:
- Visit the CoWIN Portal and Log In with your Mobile Number.
- Once you log in, you will see your vaccination details like this. I took Covishield on 31st May 2021, and at the time of writing this post, I had 61 days left for my second Dose.
- Click on the ‘Raise an Issue‘ button, and from the dropdown, choose ‘Add Passport Details.’ Kindly note that the Name written in your passport should exactly match the name registered on CoWIN, letter-by-letter. In case you have a name mismatch, you need to apply for ‘Certificate Correction.’
- On the next page, you need to add your Passport Details. It will ask you to choose the Member against whom you want to add your passport. Below that you can enter that person’s Passport Number.
- Once you enter your Passport number, check the box given below, and click on Submit Request. Kindly take double precautions while entering your passport number, for two reasons: (1) This is not validated, so whatever you enter will be printed on your certificate. The onus is upon you to enter the correct number. (2) You cannot apply for changing your certificate again, at least not via this portal. You might need to run after Govt. offices, which is a lot of hard work, which will add to your foreign travel burden. So, be very very conscious about this step.
- You will see a page that will show that your request for changing the Vaccination Certificate is in process.
- Your updated vaccination certificate with Passport Number will be automatically generated within a few seconds. You will get an SMS alert of the same too.
- Now visit the CoWIN dashboard again, and you can see your certificate has been updated with your Passport details.
- Click on the ‘Certificate’ button to download your updated vaccination certificate in PDF format. It will look like this.
- You can also find a notification on the CoWIN website that your request for changing certificate has been completed successfully. There you will find a mobile number and email id. In case you face further issues or want to contact them for any reason, you can use that.
- That’s all. You have successfully added your Passport Number to your covid vaccination certificate. You can print it safely and use it anywhere across the world as proof of vaccination.
Your certificate is saved on your CoWIN account too, so you may download it anytime you want in the future too.
That’s all. You have done it. Wasn’t it quick, easy, and headache-free?
Do share it with all your friends who have a recent trip abroad and did not register on the CoWIN portal with their Passport. It will be very helpful for them.
Thank you for reading. I will be back soon with another interesting update. Keep visiting HiTricks. Don’t forget to join our Telegram Channel for getting the latest tech updates.